HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Combat Patrol

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:36 am

Whats the restrictions for combat patrol again I know the not allows but whats foc min max rules
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thelifeandtimesofnoveltyboy.blogspot.co.uk/
spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:24 pm

Taken from Ians first post

500 points
FOC 0-1 HQ 0-2 Elite 1-4 Troop 0-2 Fast Attack 0-1 Heavy Support
No vehicles with total armour (Front, Side and Rear) of more than 33
No 2+ saves
No 3 wound models without the swarm special rule
No Ordnance

The allies matrix they had at the last event was slightly different from the one in the 40k rulebook... mainly in that Tyranids could have allies. They were assumed to be slaves to the Hivemind so had LD10 and I1. Used to be the same for Necrons back in the day though that may be updated, i'll confirm on that one.

At the last CP doubles event they also introduced a rule (much to my chagrin) saying only one vehicle of 3HP in the entire 1000 point combined force. I didn't like this rule and will NOT be enforcing it on my event if I run one. However if anyone who enters with an eye on the main prize wants to use the same army for both events, it's something to bear in mind when designing your force.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:25 pm

Thanks I couldn't click to go to the first page of this post for some unknown reason.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:42 pm

Just to confirm, are we ok using flyers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard F

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:19 am

Good question.... but I'm going to vote "no you can't", just to annoy the space marine players lol Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:40 am

Actually flyers are allowed in combat patrol, so long as they fit in with the armour values given... which rules out Valkyries, vendettas, vultures, the big space marine flying brick thingy...

Basically just means the piddly armour 10 armour 11 flyers are in, which aren't too bad as you can twat those things with bolters/heavy bolters...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
Richard F

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:56 pm

Are fortifications allowed now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:36 pm

do we have a start date yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:48 am

The way the place I went to did it, no, fortifications weren't allowed. However as some armies only hope of dealing with flyers is the quad gun, you could buy the gun upgrade from an aegis defence line for the cost of the gun... but no aegis wall allowed.

As for dates, how's everyone for playing this over the 9th and the 16th? Two small games each week, four games total. The first two games will be randomised, the following week I'll put the ones who are doing best on week 1s results against each other, give the better players more of a challenge.
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:48 am

So we can just buy quad guns or the icarus? Dates are fine for me does that account for the monday we cant be there?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:11 pm

I will have to double check which Monday it is we can't be there, I thought it was in the New Year but I could be wrong...

Yeah sure Icarus if you want, you just pay the upgrade cost you would normally add to the wall, though obviously no wall cost... and no wall. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Paul "Wolfman" Brownmane

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:57 am

Well as my name isn't there I take it I'm the fat cunt! It's Paul by the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:33 am

The fat cunt comment was aimed at Jason (see previous couple comments) but hey if the cap fits...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:07 pm

So, Scott and Rich A have confirmed they will be working together, which gives us the following lineup...

Rich H - Neil
Rich F - Rob
Ron - Paul WB
Jamie - Jason?
Scott - Rich A
Dale
Ian

Which leaves Dale and Ian as the wallflowers that I shall pair together... luckily Dark Angels and Guard have no problem working together, so it has all dovetailed nicely. Ian, Dale, get in touch with each other and try to plan things out a little between you. Swap numbers or something.

Jason/Jamie if you can confirm you two are definitely working together I'd appreciate it.

We are confirmed for the 9th and 16th then. With 6 teams we shall have 3 tables set aside each of those weeks for playing Brace for Battle. Luckily with a good portion of the clubs membership involved it shouldn't disrupt other gamers too much to have half the room dedicated to one event.

Right, so get plotting amongst yourselves. One other thing - I have a few ideas for the missions I'm going to run so far, but how would you like it to be? Some tournaments do missions in advance so you can prepare, some do it on the day so you get a surprise. I'm happy with either, so what do you guys want. Votes in the comments that follow...
Back to top Go down
Richard F

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:52 am

Random on the day.

Just to check, we're playing fixed lists again aren't we?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jcking83

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:34 am

Me and Jamie are working together - Sons of Dorn!!!!

Alos, are we playing fixed lists, and I would prefer to know the missions after we have submitted our lists but before the actual start date, so there is less explaining to do on the actual night!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:39 am

Yeah it's fixed lists
Back to top Go down
ScottW

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:54 am

Quick question on the tyranid "mind slaves" allies. What level of alliance are they to be treated as?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:01 pm

That is an interesting question actually...

Now in most of the doubles events I've been to you have just played alongside an allied player, using whatever alliance frame the tournament ran (including tyranid mindslaves) However, most of these were before Allies were included in the standard game...

Now I can't ever recall seeing a character from one force joining another force, a teammates force, as they aren't really allies as 40k rules now allows, so much as teammates... they are still two distinct and separate armies. Now Area of Effect stuff that helped "friendly" models would work if they were within range, but they were still treated as two armies - I do recall that if there were two Ork players on the same side then EACH Ork player would get a waagh, but it would only effect his units.

Now given the nature of Tyranids that they should normally have no allies, I am sure some will argue that I should charitably give you desperate allies as being better than nothing. However, as slaves of the hive mind, chances are your Imperial Citizenry recruits would have loyalty to the cause to make a Space Marine weep... hell, I can't recall a Genestealer hybrid turning against the Hive Mind, which is more than can be said for more than half the Legions (including you in the Dark Angels... and Ultramarines kinda too...)

On the flip side, I don't want to say Battle Brothers, as I dread to think what shenanigans could be caused by having a ministorum priest join a unit of Hormagaunts...

I shall check the rulebook tomorrow, but I imagine the allies table will be more used as relevance for who can team up with who and nothing more. You aren't quite the allies used in 6th ed 40k, but teammates. Characters will not be able to join each others units, nor ride in each others transports. Psychic powers will be able to be cast upon friendly models (unless it specifies friendly [particular race] models, in which case it has to be the specific race.) I'll check for any other implications and update this thread with a final answer in the morning - right now it's late and I can't be arsed to go hunting for my rulebook Razz 
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:01 pm

Oh, and by morning... I mean my version of morning... so somewhere before 6pm... Razz 
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:58 am

Right, here's how I'm going to play it. The allies chart in the rulebook shall cover what kind of alliance you have. HOWEVER, characters from one army cannot join units from another - so one of the chief benefits of battle brothers is ruled out. Sorry, this is just to keep it in line with the way it's been played for years. You aren't really allies, you're teammates... the allies chart is just to say how trusting you are of each other.

The rule for psychic powers will be kept (so battle brothers can cast on each other, allies of convenience and worse can't)

Desperate allies will use the one eye open rule... I'm pretty sure no one is bringing a desperate alliance so this shouldn't matter too much, I just want to establish a precedent in case we run this again.

As for Tyranids and their mind slaves... well they're mindslaves, so the Hive Mind already has plenty eyes enough on them and every other part of the army. If the hivemind trusts them, who are mere gaunts to question that trust? So they have to be better than desperate. I have decided that any mindslave of a Tyranid isn't so much a battle brother, as a brood brother. So we shall treat them as Battle Brothers (with the obvious stated exception earlier that characters can't join each others units.)

Now, I shall leave it to you Scott and Rich (A) to see if you can pull some sneaky shenanigans out of that one...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:22 am

Reminder to all...

Bring your armies. Bring your lists. Lists will be set for the tournament. You will find out the missions as play progresses.

We may have one or two last minute entrants, so please, everyone turn up as promptly as possible so I can see how many people we have and figure out how best to proceed. I will bring along a couple combat patrol forces myself, and will act as an "ineligible to win" wild card player if absolutely necessary... though I will avoid doing so if I can, as I would rather stay impartial for refereeing.

Good luck all.
Back to top Go down
Jcking83

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:15 am

Just got my trophy - thanks to Wolfman for making it!
Also, thanks to Jamie for putting up with my disappearances and having to play half our games without me actually being there!

And thanks to everyone for taking part, there were some extremely close games!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:42 pm

God I hate bad winners....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combat Patrol   

Back to top Go down

Combat Patrol
View previous topic View next topic Back to top