Hammer N Ales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer N Ales Portsmouth is a wargaming group based in Portsmouth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Back to the Badlands

Go down 
+3
Noveltyboy
spitfire
Admin
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Jcking83

Back to the Badlands - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 5:25 pm

Ginge, I take it Rich F's RuneLord, or whatever it was, jumped onto the Skaven's Fulcrum on the last turn then, as when I last looked it was unoccupied.........
Back to top Go down
Richard F

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 7:11 pm

Yep, my rune priest was sitting on his nice Skaven throne Very Happy

And don't forget I have Scotts Lvl 4 Sorcerer lieutenant in my petting zoo as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 11:24 am

Yeah the guy was still up there, but as it was so far from the action the models had been packed up and taken home while we finished our (largely pointless thanks to Lore of Life) knight fight.

And I had forgotten that little prisoner... So, Rich, fancy a couple relics for those guys? Wink
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 7:39 pm

I will take 2 relics for jasons mage as he doesn't seem to want her back
Back to top Go down
http://thelifeandtimesofnoveltyboy.blogspot.co.uk/
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 11:05 am

As Geheimnisnacht arrived, the armies forging Empires in the Badlands formed up. Bitter differences between man and Lizard were put aside, to stand alongside the ancient Elves and Dwarves against the horrors that stood against them. Warriors of Chaos, far from the north. Ogres from the East, and Dark Elves from the West. As the armies ranked up and eyed Fozzriks Gatehouse between them, vile vermin started to spew from the north, between the Elves and the Dwarves. Astounded to see the ratmen abroad above ground, the Dwarves turned most of their wrath from the men of Chaos and onto them. The Elves, with an allied force of Lizardmen to their left, did the same. The ratmen were swiftly dispatched, and the fulcrum they had debased was secured.

Meanwhile, on the opposite side of the battlefield, a mighty ruck had broken out between the men of the Empire and the ogres. However the narrow confines of the terrain, combined with a floating fortress and an uncooperative Steam Tank, left the enemies spending much of their time eyeing each other up as they champed at the bit waiting for their turn to fight.

With the forces of good dominating the winds of magic, mostly down to a combination of the Lizards Slaan controlling the casting, and the Dwarves using their knowledge to deny the enemy much power, the forces of good were in a solid position. The skaven had broken and fled, the ogres were being butchered to a (very fat) man, and the Dark Elves had not had chance to get out of their corner. The warriors of Chaos had turned the tide against the dwarf forces despatched to them, but with the skies darkening far too quickly, even for Geheimnisnacht, everyone felt trouble brewing.

At this point, a lone truthsayer took on a gamble and teleported into the Gatehouse. Exploring the (thankfully abandoned) building he found some treasures, but nothing more. Roughguts, knowing he would not be able to make it to the tower with the gathering stormclouds, left the truthsayer to his task, and set some ogre mournfang to rout.

Roughguts returned to the battlefield, and surveyed the scene. Sir Ulric and his hammers were going hell for leather against some Dark Elf knights, who seemed to have a very similar trinket on one of their heroes. No matter how many blows they struck against each other, they would shrug them off. The few that were felled with seemingly fatal blows soon got back up and back into the saddle. Crazy old Sir Ulric was having a smashing time, singing bawdy songs about rotund maidens whilst bashing his enemies brains out, several times in a row - Roughguts left him to it. Let the old man enjoy himself. But of the truthsayer who had teleported into the Gatehouse, no sign. Roughguts swooped across the battlefield, and found him hiding in some woods in the lee of the gatehouse. When asked why he had abandoned the fulcrum, the truthsayer just said "big, scary... nasty sharp pointy teeth..." and kept rocking back and forth in the foetal position. Roughguts sensed he would not get much more out of the man on this day, but from what had been said (and he had no reason to doubt the words, cryptic as they may have been) Roughguts held back from the tower.

As Morrsleib hung full, every surviving wizard on the battlefield felt a surge of power. The winds of magic flurried and swirled around the Gatehouse, as one of the very fabrics of magic was torn from the veil. The sky darkened still further, and the world felt chill. Roughguts sensed something epic had taken place, though he knew not where. The truthsayer stopped rocking, and softly breathed the words "He is Risen..."

A quick (Empire) viewpoint of the End of Autumn game, which coincided with dire events in Sylvania... The world has changed whilst we've been fighting in this barren land...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 11:33 am

Ok, here's the result of all the horsetrading at the end of Autumn. Ginge bought Scotts Pegasus guy from Rich F for two relics. Rich F decided to hold onto the more valuable lieutenant. Ginge also bought Jasons level 4 from Rich H for two relics. He then sacrificed them both, along with Stephens Dragonlord, earning 7 relics. The rolls meant I broke even from the bought hostages, sods law, gain for my rivals. On the plus side, we also killed the dragon, which gave us no more relics but allowed me to embellish my dragonhide banner with the hide of a second dragon...

We all rolled for the relics from the Autumn game, and battles were declared and mine rolls made. The mine rolls are below (not including relics, which I shall put at the end)

Stephen Random EI66 - Crown of Sorcery
Stephen +100pts to an army
Rob +300pts 2 skulls
Rob +250pts 3 skulls
Neil +250pts level 4
Neil +100pts level 4
Ginge +300pts Ulric
Ginge Random EI45 Amulet of the WIld (going to Sir WIlliam)
Rich F +250pts
Rich F +300pts
Rich F Random AI55 Scrying Stone
Scott +100pts
Scott +250pts
Scott +300pts
Scott +300pts
Scott +60pt item

Random Events (not including immediate effect stuff)
Rob 35 - One of his units gained a free magic banner worth 20 pts, becoming a RoR
Rich H 44 - In next game may pick whether to deploy and go first or second

Challenges
wk1 Stephen (Gold TOp) vs Jason (Beastmaster) Siege game Stephen defending
wk1 Rich H (Ethereal) vs Scott (Dragon?)
wk2 Jason (Beastmaster) vs Rob (2skulls)
wk2 Neil (level 4) vs Scott (no banner pole, not the dragon... we think)(Scott can decline this challenge if he wishes as it is a second game and therefore not compulsory)
wk2 Rich F (Anti Magic) vs Stephen (Handmaiden) Siege SOM Stephen attacking
wk2 - ish Ginge (Ulric) vs RIch H (Fire)

Now Rich I shall confess I've fucked up a little here... I forgot I won't be here on the 4th of November. I should have only issued a challenge to someone who could fight week 1 (and you were already committed) However, for the week of the 11th November, when we can't have the room, we do not have any campaigning arranged (in case we can't get the room on an alternate day, or in case campaigners can't make the alternative day offered.) If you like we can play the game that week, or worst case at my house during my week off. I was planning to take some scenery and tables home anyway to give me something to do on my week off. So... up for having our game then?

Relics

Rich F 51
Ginge 33
Scott 30
Rich H 26
Stephen 20
Jason 17
Rob P 11
Neil 5
(Rob W 1)

So a slight change near the top, with Ginges impersonation of ISIS allowing him to leapfrog Scott. However, with Scotts very large Empire, I can still see him giving Rich F more of a run for top spot than I can... Especially given I'm the one person who can't try to attack the runaway Dwarf Razz (yet)

The rest of the field close up, with Jason breathing down Stephens neck... and with neither of those guys having much of an Empire, both being squashed between a rock and a hard place, Rob with his nice corner Empire has a good chance to chase that final spot on the top table for the big game.

Neil can probably resign himself to the bottom table, but he seems to relish that idea anyway. Perhaps it's all part of the plan...

Finally, remember, it's winter now - so at the start of each battle do a blizzard roll. On a 1 or a 2 visibility is reduced to 24" Furthermore, we are now in the End Times - so your character allowance is now 50% of your army. You also have access to the Lore of Undeath.

So, let the final season commence. Good hunting. Well, except Rich H...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 12:20 pm

Oh, and one more thing... we forgot to roll off among the good team for the prize items from the Autumn game. I was thinking we could leave it till next week, unless anyone has a burning desire to use one of the items on the list in their next game, in which case I can try to do it sooner - I shall get a witness, draw names out of a hat for the order, then have everyone post their choices on here in time to include them in your next army. But unless someone posts on here asking for that option, i'm assuming picking the items next week shall suffice.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 1:12 pm

So, with some battles fought and some forfeits made, here is how we line up for week 2 of the final season.

First off, the spoils from the Autumn game that we forgot to divvy up on the day...

Rich H got the Shard of Morrslieb.
Stephen got the Helm of the Headless Horseman
Ginge got the Banner of the Valkyrie
Rich F got the Tetragon of Tectonic Displacement

Spoils of War

Stephen (Prince) SOW6 +1 Relic 40pt item
Rich H (Fire) SOW6 +1 Relic 30pt item
Rich F (Antimagic) SOW2 Elite Army
Rich H (Ethereal) SOW3 200pts extra this army
Rob (2skull) SOW6 +1 Relic 60pt item

Ignominious Defeats

Jason (Beastmaster) ID6 Hatred High Elves next game
Ginge (Ulric) ID4 Ulriccs Hammers have stupidity (again)
Stephen (Handmaiden) ID6 Hatred Dwarves next game
Scott (Dragonlord) ID5 if this army had a regiment of reknown, it has now lost it.
Jason (Beastmaster) ID2 one of this armies units is not available next battle (but must be paid for regardless)

Character Injuries

Stephen (Prince) Captured by Jason
Jason (Beastmaster) -1 WS and BS permanently
Rich H (Fire) lost the Ruby Chalice
Ginge (Ulric) Gained 1WS permanently
Ginge (Sir William) Captured (By Rich H)
Stephen (Handmaiden) Caputred (By RIch F)
Scott (Dragonlord) loses one random magic item (TBD)
Jason (Beastmaster) gains Stubborn, permanently

Various relics were passed around in an effort to keep hold of mines that it was felt the absent players may want to hold on to (generally speaking if we could get it to a 2+ fortification save for just 3 relics we gave it a go, but anything that was starting on a 7+ we just rolled and hoped) We also built if we knew whose armies would have wanted to build what. So Neil, your Silver army built a mine. My extra army has also built.

Random Events (not including map based events)

Rich H 45
Rich F 51
Rob 43
Neil 46
Scott 42

Mine Rolls

Rob +100pts
Neil +1 Relic Random EI46 Amulet of the Wild
Neil +300pts
Neil +50pts
Rich F +1 Relic +40pt item
Rich F +300pts
Rich F +1 Relic RandomMA32 Armour of Meteoric Iron
Rich F +1 Relic Random T25 Jade Amulet
Rich F +1 Relic 30pt item
Ginge +1 Relic 60pt item (Given Obsidian Lodestone to HoL Father Ogrebane)
Ginge +50pts (Assigned to Roughguts army)
Ginge +1 Relic +10pt item (TBD)
Rich H +300pts Carnosaur Army
Stephen +1 Relic Random T63 Ruby Chalice
Stephen +250pts
Scott +250pts
Scott +1 Relic 60pt item
Scott +1 Relic Random MS56 Dread Banner
Scott +1 Relic +40pt item
Jason +150pts

Challenges

wk1
Stephen (Loremaster) defends a siege against Neil (Blue head)
Rich H (Ethereal) vs Scott (level 4)

wk 2
Ginge (Pontius Pillock) vs Stephen (Loremaster)

Either Week that suits
Rich F (Gunline) vs Rob (Gold skull)

Potential further fights
Jason (bent flag) vs Rob (3 skull) however this game is not mandatory for Rob if he can only make one week. This is however the only game Jason HAD to issue, so we've left it as an option. If Rob can't make it, Jason can have a look at the map and try to fight in week 2 on Scotts behalf using the allies rule. But HE doesn't have to either. So plenty of options for everyone  Razz

And finally, the relic count...

Relics

Rich F 58
Ginge 35
Scott 30
Rich H 27
Stephen 22
Jason 17
Rob P 9
Neil 9
(Rob W 1)

Anyway, Rich H, get in touch and we can discuss what you think is fair ransom for Sir William... though as he is only a Hero of Legend and not my general or a lieutenant don't expect me to pay too high a price for him mind...  Razz
Back to top Go down
Skrag

Skrag

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 7:13 am

Hi a few things firstly the magic item i got from my mine roll will be going to my Tyrant. The Blue headed oger counter was my Tyrant. Also Steve could you let me how big your army is because I have 25% extra thanks.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 11:47 am

So, the results...

Spoils of War
Neil (Tyrant) SOW4 30pt standard for 6 Maneaters (RoR)
Ginge (Pontius) SOW6 +1 Relic 50pt item
Scott (vs Rich H) SOW5 pick a unit, it becomes a regiment of reknown. We will then tell you what it rolled for it's special ability.

Ignominious Defeats
Stephen (Loremaster) ID5 (no effect) and ID2 (pay for a bolt thrower next game but cannot use it - army scattered anyway so mostly irrelevant)
Rich H ID2 (army pays for 10 skinks next game but cannot use them)

Character Injuries
Stephen (Loremaster) -1M next game, obviously he's twisted his ankle or something... which probably contributed to him being captured by Ginge.

Random Events (not including map based events)

Scott 55
Rich F 45
Rich H 43

Mine Rolls

Rob +1 Relic 10pt item
Rob +1Relic 50pt item
Neil +100pts (tyrant)
Neil +200pts (tyrant)
Rich F +1 Relic +50pt item
Rich F +300pts
Rich F +300pts
Rich F +300pts
Rich F +100pts
Ginge +1 Relic 60pt item
Ginge +150pts (Assigned to Roughguts army)
Rich H +300pts Carnosaur Army
Rich H +50pts (Carnosaur army)
Rich H +1 Relic Random MW46 Venom Sword
Stephen +1 Relic Random MW56 Sword of Destruction
Stephen 1Relic Random MS56 Dread Banner
Scott +200pts
Scott +1 Relic 50pt item
Scott +1 Relic Random T56 Amulet of Spite
Jason +300pts

Challenges

wk1
Stephen (unled - Dragonlord) vs Neil (tyrant) vs Ginge (Sir Ulric)
Rich H vs Scott (dragonlord)

wk 2
Neil (level 4) vs Scott (level 4) (this game is not compulsory)

If anyone else wants a game, come down, look at the map, issue a challenge for the week after. Rather than arranging games that people can't make it for, we just had challenges issued by people actually in attendance.

And finally, the relic count...

Relics

Rich F 58
--------------
Ginge 36
Rich H 32
Scott 30
Stephen 24
--------------
Jason 18
Rob P 13
Neil 6
--------------
(Rob W 1)
Back to top Go down
ScottW

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 9:25 am

"Scott (vs Rich H) SOW5 pick a unit, it becomes a regiment of reknown. We will then tell you what it rolled for it's special ability."

I'll choose the unit of 20 Har Ganeth Executioners.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 7:04 am

The roll was Armour Piercing.
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 9:35 pm

ha should havcked the women, we were saying how nasty they would be with AP
Back to top Go down
http://thelifeandtimesofnoveltyboy.blogspot.co.uk/
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 7:06 am

Aaaaaaand that's why I made him pick before I told him the roll, only fair I make anyone who is actually there pick first...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 12:13 am

Right, here we are with the FINAL campaigning week. We haven't committed too many people to battles, as we did not wish to speak for those who were not there. If anyone wants one last regular game, come down next week, check the map, and arrange one for the week after.

We shall be doing the final battle on a Sunday in January, date TBC

As I have just accidentally somehow deleted an almost complete post on this, this time I'm just going to detail what is relevant. So SOW/ID rolls that had no effect, I shall leave out.

SOW/ID/CI

Ginge (Ulric) SOW5 (Ulrics Hammers get Stubborn)
Scott (Dragon) ID3 (5 Dark Riders half strength next game)
Neil (Tyrant) ID5 (Maneaters lose RoR status/abilities)
Scott (Dragon) and Neil (Tyrant) CI2 Captured (by Rich H carny and Ginge Ulric respectively)

Horse Trading

Sir Ulric saw fit to release the fat bastard for a heart shaped trinket... Ginge adds Hellheart to his roster, Neil can no longer use it.
Sir Ulric also released an Elven Loremaster from his dungeons, after being presented with shiny armour for one of his favoured squires (Stephen gives Ginge the Armour of Caledor to secure his Loremasters release)

Sir Ulric is open to more trading if anyone else has captives, as we do still possess a sacrificial circle to deal with such loose ends...

Mines.

Stephen got an extra 100pts for his Handmaidens army, a relic, and Random EI52 the Amber Amulet
Neil got an extra 100pts
Ginge got a combined extra 500pts, all on Roughguts
Rob got an extra 50, we assume he'll put on three skulls
Rich H got 2 relics, 2 x 60pt items, and 100pts for his Fire army
Jason got a relic and a 50pt item
Scott got an extra 100 points, 2 relics, a 20pt item and random MA32 Armour of Meteoric Iron
Rich F got an extra 50pts, 100pts, 100pts, and 250pts.

Challenges

Stephen (Handmaiden) vs Rob (3 skulls) wk1?
Rich H (Fire) defending against Ginge (Roughguts) wk2 Siege aka Prison Break Season 17: We want Sir William back!

Relics

Rich F 64
--------------
Ginge 36
Scott 32
Rich H 30
Stephen 25
--------------
Jason 19
Rob P 13
Neil 6
--------------
(Rob W 1)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 1:33 pm

So, the results from the last games...

In the final couple games... Rob defeated Stephen, gaining a relic and a 50pt item. Stephens character rolled 4 and now Fears Chaos.
Rich H defended his castle... well, to be more accurate, Rich sorta stood on his castle walls and watched with a bemused look on his face as a massive Empire army obliterated itself with fire and steam in a powerful display of ineptitude. SUre, I made a boo-boo when I forgot the 4+ ward save I should have had, and that mistake was costly. But I honestly don't think that remembering that would have salvaged anything from that debacle for me. During the battle ROughguts lost his Talisman of Preservation, though my Warrior Priest character gained Stubborn. Which would be useful if I hadn't already equipped him with the Crown of Command. I guess he's VERY stubborn...

After the games, various negotiations took place. Stephen bought his prince back from Jason for 2 relics. Rich released Sir William for 5 (I think part of that may have been pity)

Now there are still one or two characters locked away in various dungeons, I am giving you all until the 13th of January to negotiate. After that, the relic totals will be locked, and if you wish to trade for their release, it shall have to be with magic items alone. If you want to use relics for bribery, do so now. The big game will be played on Sunday 18th January, we have the room, now make time for that day. I need to go ask my boss for the day off, so keep your fingers crossed for me. With this date set, you've a few weeks to prepare. We shall have 5 days where we definitely know who is on what table. I shall put the relic totals (including all bonuses - which particularly helped Jason out as the flying fortress landed right next to the sodding Gatehouse, gifting him 15 relics in the final season!) below, and looking at it I don't imagine it will change by much... but I could be wrong.

1st place is in the castle, 2nd to 5th are top table in descending player order. So 2nd player goes 2nd in each turn etc. 6th onwards are on the lower table, but they too shall go in player order. So even if you aren't top table, there is an advantage to climbing the list as best you can. The number in brackets is total territory which acts as a tie breaker.

Rich F - 78 (16)
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ginge - 51 (18)
Rich H - 42 (9)
Scott - 41 (16)
Jason - 39 (5)
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Stephen - 26 (3)
Rob P - 18 (8.)
Neil - 13 (11)
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rob W - 1 (0) - our wildcard player to make up numbers if needed.

So, any negotiations for release, make it snappy...
Back to top Go down
spitfire

spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 8:20 pm

Just want to thank ian for another well run enjoyable campaign. Roll on the 2015 back to the future badlands.

Just stating that im focused on hobby in 2015 so the castles mine this time
Back to top Go down
Richard F

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 3:09 am

Your welcome to it! Next time I'm going for assaulting the damn thing (though it will take me a while to get there....)

Was a good game and the only reason I managed to win was due to Ginges mine rolls for me when I was absent. So I'd like to dedicate my victory speech to him and thank him for organizing it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 9:46 am

No problem guys, but I think there won't be one in 2015... the last one was 2012, so let's play some end times and see how it pans out and how that would effect the campaign book. Let's have some fun with it for now Razz
Back to top Go down
spitfire

spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 10:16 am

Cool happy with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Back to the Badlands
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6