Hammer N Ales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer N Ales Portsmouth is a wargaming group based in Portsmouth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sigmars Blood

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jcking83

Sigmars Blood Empty
PostSubject: Sigmars Blood   Sigmars Blood EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 7:10 am

Hey guys, just wondered if we were going to get a club copy of Sigmars Blood?
Also, is it worth collecting a new VC army using the army featured in said book?
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

Sigmars Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Blood   Sigmars Blood EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:20 pm

Vamp counts are good but I wouldn't collect the army they use in the book from what I saw it wasnt the most practical
Back to top Go down
http://thelifeandtimesofnoveltyboy.blogspot.co.uk/
Jcking83

Sigmars Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Blood   Sigmars Blood EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 9:15 am

Really, where would you recommend starting one? Im thinking of adding them as mercernaries to start with and gradually building up into another army.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Sigmars Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Blood   Sigmars Blood EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 12:31 pm

I've been picking up the apoc releases and triumph and treachery as they add rules and scenarios that everyone can use... sure they have some army specific data sheets, but so far they've been very popular armies, and they've had stuff in there that is useful to others too.

Sigmars Blood seems to be just Empire vs Vampires, and a single campaign between those two specific armies from what i'm reading. I think that's too narrow a field to justify getting a club copy. If I buy an apoc book that has Space Marine formations, there are over a dozen players interested. Empire players, well there's me... er...
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
Eckian

Sigmars Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Blood   Sigmars Blood EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 7:35 pm

I have 2k Empire army. I just don't have a clue on what the current rules are and most of its still in boxes.
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

Sigmars Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Blood   Sigmars Blood EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 12:27 am

if your starting them as mercs then you cant go wrong with a few ethereal units like ghost swarms or a banshee or 2. you have to have a spell caster to lead the army but a necromancer is only 65 points basic. in terms of overall army build you need to decide what you want them to do. a lot of their stuff is interactive. so normal units are pants in cc BUT you cast a few spells suddenly they reroll to hits and to wound AND if a corpse cart is hit by a spell then all units within 6 of it get ASF, zombies lose the ASL and swap it for ASF.

they are a slow ponderous army for the most part with speed coming from the vamp beastie side of it and the cavalry. you can tar pit enemies with zombies and skelly while your smaller ghoul or cavalry units hit from the side and the magic they possess is really good if used right.

if you don't have it yet you can borrow my book for a bit have a look.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Sigmars Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Blood   Sigmars Blood EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 11:43 pm

Even then Ian that's still only 3 (if we include Jasons interest 4) players out of the entire club... yet if we get a supplement that includes stuff for Space Marines... more than half the club are interested.

Even among those who are interested in Empire and Vampires it seems a fairly rigid campaign. If I lived in the back of beyond, only had one regular gaming buddy and we collected Empire/Vampires, then this would look like a good way of spicing up our games with a narrative. But with regular games against a variety of opponents, a two player narrative will take too long. Just ask Rich H how long he and I have been trying to finish that Dreadfleet campaign...
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

Sigmars Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Blood   Sigmars Blood EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 12:01 am

I wasnt for getting it I was just tellin him bout vamps. To be fair though we play dreadfleet when we can but a mainstream like whfb or 40k wouls prob get more love so end quicker. Its a weird release really its nit like GW to put out something so specific that brings little to the game and only for 2 armies and that isnt marines related
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Sigmars Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Blood   Sigmars Blood EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:05 am

My answer was for Ian not you really  Razz  I know you know
Back to top Go down
Eckian

Sigmars Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Blood   Sigmars Blood EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 4:02 am

You mistook me I wasn't advocating buying it, I just wanted to point that I also have a empire army too (mines just very dusty at the moment).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sigmars Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Blood   Sigmars Blood Empty

Back to top Go down

Sigmars Blood
Page 1 of 1