Hammer N Ales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer N Ales Portsmouth is a wargaming group based in Portsmouth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tuesday 7th October

Go down 
+4
Noveltyboy
Rylatt
Eckian
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Tuesday 7th October Empty
PostSubject: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 11:43 am

So, who is attending and what are you bringing?
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
Eckian

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 6:58 am

Ron, Dale, Jamie and myself will be playing an extended Combat patrol doubles game. rules are
1000 points each
FOC 0-1 HQ 0-2 Elite 1-4 Troop 0-2 Fast Attack 0-1 Heavy Support
No vehicles with total armour (Front, Side and Rear) of more than 33
No 2+ saves
No 3 wound models without the swarm special rule
No Ordnance

No fortifications, but you can purchase the gun upgrades
Back to top Go down
Rylatt

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 1:54 am

I'm in as above
Back to top Go down
Rylatt

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 5:44 am

Question: if I go unbound does that equate to being able to have more than 2 fast attack etc
Back to top Go down
Eckian

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 8:37 am

I think it would be better sticking to the list. If you have an allied force that must also fit into the list above so you can never have more than 2 fast attack.

We will play a king of the hill style scenario which force us to confront other rather than standing back and shooting. One objective, one point for every turn you hold it. No other VP available.

Dale & Jamie what do you think
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 12:16 pm

CP wasn't designed with Unbound or multiple detachments in mind. Yes, those rules are part and parce of 40k now, but I think if you are going to play Combat Patrol, with it's own artificial limitations, then you can also add in the limitation of No Unbound, and One Detachment only. As you guys are playing 1000 points instead of 500, maybe two detachments is something you can consider. It's up to you, but I do suggest no Unbound, as it kinda defeats the point of something that was originally designed to be a small scale combat between two scouting forces...
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 3:27 am

Bla bla bla if you had stated this I would not have had my flesh hounds but wouldnt have stopped my champion ascending to daemonhood.

Im playing 40k vs rob. 2.5k of whatever he brings.
Back to top Go down
http://thelifeandtimesofnoveltyboy.blogspot.co.uk/
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 1:01 pm

If we do CP again anytime soon I have already planned ahead...

Spawn - becomes nothing happens
+1 W or +1 Armour save can happen, unless it would take you outside of CP threshold, in which case it is reroll.
Daemon Prince - Your choice of any that you are allowed to have that fit within the CP threshold.

Oh, and one detachment only. That's what I'll run next time we do CP. Can't say you weren't pre-warned.
Back to top Go down
Adam B

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 9:20 pm

I will be down if I can find a 40k opponent.

About 2000 but could do more.
Back to top Go down
Paul "Wolfman" Brownmane

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 1:14 am

imperial guard are getting quite bossy nowadays! telling grey knights what to do none the less!
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:30 am

so I can pay less for my models to represent the nerf bat knocking the shit out of them? im assuming orks lose their random table and just take LD tests as normal? marines lose ATSKNF? tyranids hive mind gets switched off and guard forget how to give orders? if not I fail to see how targeting chaos so specifically when its a random element of the army is fair. especially as ANYONE has the power now to take a 2 wound psyker and turn him in to a greater daemon with psychic powers which are also randomly rolled for, and the same discipline allows the summoning of 3 wound cavalry.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 11:49 am

Ok, then that would also go on the list of CP rules... no turning into daemon princes or summoning stuff that can't be in CP. Oh, and bad example with tyranids, they've been boned by Combat Patrol for years - No 3 wound models. Hmm, still need some synapse... that'll be zoanthropes then. Or... yeah, that'll be zoanthropes then.

As for Guard, no 3 wound characters rules out Yarrick and the company command squad. So no senior officers, which rules out most of the orders we like to use (such as twin linking, split fire, tank hunters, get back in the fight) It leaves First rank fire second rank fire, Run more, and a couple of the other lesser used ones. So while guard don't technically switch off their orders, I never see anyone use the orders system, they all just load up on veterans and leave the orders at home.

Do bear in mind, that this "nerf bat" takes out the worst result as well as the best, and is only a one in a million chance anyway. As you put it. Though actually 1 in 18. It still leaves all the twenties, thirties, forties, fifties and most of the sixties as fair game to roll for... hardly a massively swinging nerf bat.

As for the ork table, you mean the one that 5 sixths of the time has me taking D6 str 4 hits for every Ld 7 test failed? Considering I used to be fearless when above ten models, I think the nerf bat has already been shattered across the Ork spine pretty adequately.

If you look at it, most armies have their cool tricks taken away by combat patrol. Tau have suits and the ethereal giving extra shots to all fire warriors in range. Both ruled out in CP. Necrons with getting back up on 4+ and the mindshackle scarab BS everyone hates. None of the Necron characters can be used in CP as they need a 3+ wound character to unlock them. Plus last I checked they had Quantum shielding counted as inoperative during CP, so Necrons are paying armour 13 prices for an armour 11 vehicle. Grey Knights, with their gimmick of terminators are troops... yeah, not in this game pal. The fact is that CP limits a lot of things for a lot of armies... why should chaos have an easy way to sneak something into a CP game that shouldn't be allowed in there? In a 2k game these limitations would probably gimp your army a little bit, but in a 500 point game, it probably won't even matter most of the time.

Anyway, I'm not *planning* to run anything for CP anytime soon, I just advised Ian on his because he is doing so. I explained the rules I would put in place before running anything CP again. I would suggest he uses these rules as I think they fit in well with what CP was designed to achieve, but he doesn't have to... if you want to play CP, neither do you. But if I run an EVENT with CP as part of it, then you will. That's all this is. A theoretical heads up.
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 7:10 pm

Bla bla bla.... I still think its unfair to toy with the fickle ways of chaos, plus technically speaking I would rather have a spawn than a champion as the stats are way higher and if 2 can hold up Mephiston for 8 rounds of combat Id love to see what they could tie up in a combat patrol. So its taking away the best and a close second best result too.
Back to top Go down
dale83

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 12:42 am

Sorry Ron, Ian and Jamie I cant make it tomorrow im currently in bahrain. Maybe adam can take my spot if he still doesnt have a game.

Also quick question ginge does that mean I cant use my protect pyschic power to give my wraithguard a 2up save???
Back to top Go down
Adam B

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 3:16 am

Hi Guys

Happy to take Dale's place if you need an extra player.

Adam
Back to top Go down
Eckian

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 6:00 am

Sounds good Adam. 1000 points one detachment using the rules in the first post.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 7:53 am

looking forward to it guys. its going to hurt, leaving all my favourite tanks at home, but i'll just load up on tactical squads.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 8:50 am

In answer to your question Dale, no you wouldn't be able to. You could take the power to make other units armour saves better, but in any CP event I run I wouldn't want to break the game parameters of Combat Patrol... the squads that are there just aren't equipped to deal with the hardest stuff 40k can throw at you. Wraithguard are already pretty damn hard to take on in CP anyway, let alone with a 2+ save...

And Rich H, yes I am making the chaos codex less good. Combat Patrol makes ALL codexes less good. That's the point. If chaos have a way to dodge the way it makes it less good, then it is only fair that I close that loophole for any future events I run. Oh, and i'll take your "blah blah" to basically mean "Ginge you won that debate cos I cannot counter your arguments in any way" Ta.
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 8:29 pm

As you well know I will only carry on a discussion if a. I know im wrong half way through but don't want to back down or b. I have something to come back with. in this case neither apply so you are correct.
Back to top Go down
Rylatt

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 2:52 am

I can't make 1000 points CP with my army and no detachment as most of mine are either terminators or heavy support... Are we not allowing a detatchment as its the only way I'm flexible enough. And it's a stretch staying bound for me too but can just about if we're allowing 1 secondary detatcent. Or we can do 500 points each ...
Back to top Go down
Eckian

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 2:58 am

Fair enough, just bring 1000 points in two detachments and we will sort it out at the club.
Back to top Go down
Rylatt

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 3:15 am

Thanks Ian
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 4:15 am

My "one detachment" and other rules are for any CP events I would run, which of course would be at the 500 point level. What Ian wants to do at the 1000 point level is entirely up to him. : Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 7th October   Tuesday 7th October Empty

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 7th October
Page 1 of 1