Hammer N Ales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer N Ales Portsmouth is a wargaming group based in Portsmouth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Imperial assault

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ScottW

Imperial assault Empty
PostSubject: Imperial assault   Imperial assault EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 4:19 am

I'm interested in getting this when it comes out (December/January), but would want to make sure it gets played, as it's not the cheapest box.
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=271&esem=1

The best way to describe it is a Star Wars "D&D light" type of game (e.g. campaign with narrative and developing characters, just not much of the RPG aspect). I would be looking for 4 players for a campaign (I'm happy to do the DM/Imperial role). As far as I understand without seeing the rules, a campaign is 10-11 games, so call it 5/6 weeks of games if a couple get done in an evening. This can be broken up and doesn't have to be consecutive weeks. Is anyone interested?

I also intend to get this for the club as a cooperative game, as it ends up getting played every time I visit gaming friends and is always good fun:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=244&esem=1
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Imperial assault Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial assault   Imperial assault EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 8:48 am

I believe Imperial Assault is based on the gameplay of Descent. I played a few games of that as part of the campaign, sadly it was with a few people who didn't meet often and one of the players has broken up with one of the other players, so chances are that campaign will never come to fruition...

Anyway...

From that limited time of playing, I found Descent to be a good system with decent gameplay. It is at the whim of the dungeon master somewhat, as often it gave him the opportunity to field whatever creatures he wanted to... oh look, shadow dragons again, funny that... But overall it was an enjoyable experience. It was about as far as I would ever want to go down that road though - I enjoyed what it offered but would not have wanted to go into any deeper character development, such as DnD. Not my thing. SO, if what I heard that Imperial Assault was based on that game is true, then I would be interested... but also would be willing to sit out if there were others who were MORE interested than I.

As for Eldritch Horror, no idea. Razz Just thought i'd chip in my two cents on the Star Wars game.
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
ScottW

Imperial assault Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial assault   Imperial assault EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 9:24 am

Yes, it's based on Descent. I just used D&D light as an analogy due to more people likely having heard of it. The character "development" is just in the sense of EXP to spend on skills/equipment upgrades, with some personal missions for character specific items.
So not like D&D in that sense, which is more about the actual roleplay and development of the actual character.

Eldritch Horror is a Call Of Chuthlu/HP Lovecraft game and is a fun cooperative game. I intend to get that anyway, as it can be played solitaire. The Imperial Assault is the one I want to make sure would see use.
Back to top Go down
ScottW

Imperial assault Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial assault   Imperial assault EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 4:18 am

Soooo... No interest?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Imperial assault Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial assault   Imperial assault Empty

Back to top Go down

Imperial assault
Page 1 of 1