Hammer N Ales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer N Ales Portsmouth is a wargaming group based in Portsmouth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Necron Army - Anyone Interested?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Necron Army - Anyone Interested? Empty
PostSubject: Necron Army - Anyone Interested?   Necron Army - Anyone Interested? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 6:34 am

So, picked up the new Necron codex, and I have to say GW have actually done a very good job with this. They've toned down the stuff that needed toning down (Tesla, Night Scythe, Annihilation Barge) and apart from a bit of over-exuberance on the Mindshackle Scarabs (which were stupidly good for their cost and needed either a slight tone down, a points increase, or make the thing a one per army deal... they instead made them completely utterly useless. You cause fear. In a challenge. Which is NOT where you want your shooty army general to be, if we're honest) they have done a damn good job of toning down the douche-y stuff while leaving a good balanced codex intact. The host of formations in this army book allows you to build several different types of Necron army, all of which should be quite competitive I would imagine.

So why am I disappointed?

Trazyn the infinite.

aka, one of only two bad things in the entire codex (thanks Bols, joint bottom with the Monolith)

I loved this guy in the last codex. He was a sarcastic robot who gave cheek to Imhotek the Stormlord. He sent teasing letters to Inquisitors thanking them for the troops they'd sent to his world, they have been added to a wonderful display. He was impossible to kill, bouncing into any one of 15 other models in my army. He was tough. He could dig me out of a horde with his empathic obliterator (kills a model, all same models take a wound on 4+... bye bye gaunt swarm) He was also scoring (or I guess obj sec would be todays equivalent)

Now? Well there's barely any mention of him in the codex. They mention he's a collector, but he could just be a librarian for the gusto they tell it with. He still has his bounce trick, but only to characters now, which means unless you take a formation he only has ONE backup model. He's still tough... but only because he has an automatic warlord trait for Eternal Warrior, a skill he had before without taking his warlord trait from him. His empathic obliterator now only works on you if he kills you in a challenge... so, step forward Gaunt sergeant? No? Ork nob? Refused... Chaos Space marine, you can't refuse me, now feel the wrath of my AP4 weapon... oh. And no, he isn't scoring.

I built my entire army around this guy, ignoring faster, better, more destructive toys, to build an army that matched his careful methodical pace as he searches the galaxy for collectibles. And now he's a joke. To add insult to injury, the reason I paid for the ridiculously overpriced Lychguard was because he could use them (though I also enjoyed their bouncing shots back at people rule) and they've dropped Lychguard in points by about 15 per model. They have taken away their bounce ability and basically their big shield is now just a storm shield. As much as I like the points reduction, I mourn for the flavour.

Anyway, I was considering boxing the army up and hoping for better treatment for Trazyn for next time, but that is a long hope to look for on a JUST released codex. I have considered expanding the army, but it was Trazyn that brought me to the army, and without him I don't have the motivation to paint more stuff. So, I thought I would test the water here to see if there was any interest in this army. I am not completely committed to selling this yet, as packing it up and ebaying it is a hassle I do not know if I can be bothered with, but if someone I know at the club is interested in starting a new army then that makes things a hell of a lot easier.

So, the army.

1 Trazyn the Infinite. I wouldn't recommend using him, but to each their own.
2 Overlords.
I think I have 3 converted Lords and 2 coverted Crypteks, I can check that...
10 Lychguard
10 Immortals w Tesla
40 Warriors
2 Annihalation Barges/Command Barges - the gun is not glued so can be used as either.
1 Doomsday Ark

All of the above are built and painted and on scenic resin bases.

1 Doomsday Ark - part built, undercoated, never painted cos Annihalation Barges were just TOO GOOD in the last edition

1 Brand New Codex, read once
1 set of Tactical Objective Cards, still in wrapper.

And what the hell the KR multicase all the infantry currently lives in.

Altogether this lot cost me £400 but I'm open to offers. If anyone wants a look at the army let me know and I'll bring it to the club with me. And sorry for the long spiel, I didn't want anyone thinking I was off-loading the army cos it's shit now or something Razz
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Necron Army - Anyone Interested?   Necron Army - Anyone Interested? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 10:58 am

Trade for lizardmen army. Lol.
Back to top Go down
http://thelifeandtimesofnoveltyboy.blogspot.co.uk/
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Necron Army - Anyone Interested?   Necron Army - Anyone Interested? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 2:01 pm

Hey, my army still has value and purpose, it's just one character that's a bit shit... and even then, he still exists Razz
Back to top Go down
Richard F

PostSubject: Re: Necron Army - Anyone Interested?   Necron Army - Anyone Interested? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 11:44 pm

Nerf guass! That would make me happier.

I've a friend who collects necrons so can ask him. Though are you looking to sell it as a whole or happy to split it?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Necron Army - Anyone Interested?   Necron Army - Anyone Interested? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 12:02 am

They made Gauss better... still glances vehicles on a 6, now wounds anything on a 6 too. Hello Monstrous Creatures...

I'm looking for whole army, if I'm gonna end up keeping any of it I might as well keep an armys worth.
Back to top Go down
Adam B

PostSubject: Re: Necron Army - Anyone Interested?   Necron Army - Anyone Interested? EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 5:23 am

I also have a sizable Necron force that I am open to offers on. I don't have the new codex yet. If there are takers please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Necron Army - Anyone Interested?   Necron Army - Anyone Interested? Empty

Back to top Go down

Necron Army - Anyone Interested?
Page 1 of 1