Hammer N Ales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer N Ales Portsmouth is a wargaming group based in Portsmouth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RPG Games on Tuesday night?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jcking83

RPG Games on Tuesday night? Empty
PostSubject: RPG Games on Tuesday night?   RPG Games on Tuesday night? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 8:40 am

Wondered if anyone would be interested in running some sort of RPG Campaign on a Tuesday night as a new thing?
I've always been interested in joining a D&D or Star Wars game but never had the opportunity so wondered if others would be interested?
Back to top Go down
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

PostSubject: Re: RPG Games on Tuesday night?   RPG Games on Tuesday night? EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 11:17 pm

As regular interest i 40K seems to be waining, i'd be up for that.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RPG Games on Tuesday night?   RPG Games on Tuesday night? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 12:23 pm

D+D not really my cup of tea, I played the Star Wars thing (Imperial Assault) because it still had a board and rules... I've never been a fan of the imagination based gaming.

But yes Jamie you're right 40k has dropped off a bit of late, I know with me it's cos I've been hooked on x-wing, can't speak for everyone with that one though... I plan on bringing X-Wing again next week (after an entire weekend of apoc I am NOT bringing 40k...) but for the weeks ahead, I'm up for mixing things up a bit...
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
Jcking83

PostSubject: Re: RPG Games on Tuesday night?   RPG Games on Tuesday night? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 8:11 pm

Fair enough, just thought as it is imagination based and would require very little set up time once the basics like characters are done, that it would be easier, especially as the ROAB is shutting early.
I've ordered the 5th Edition Starter Set and have procured *cough* PDF's of the 3 main rulebook's so if peoples interest is piqued then that's cool, although I haven't actually run an RPG before so bare with me lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RPG Games on Tuesday night?   RPG Games on Tuesday night? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 12:32 am

I wouldn't say ROAB is shutting early, they're open till half 11, which is half an hour less than we used to get away with, but fairly standard kick out time for most licensed premises. It still gives us the room for four and a half hours, that's easily enough time to get pretty much any game you want in, even allowing for setup/packup.

But if you guys want to play D+D go for it.
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
ScottW

PostSubject: Re: RPG Games on Tuesday night?   RPG Games on Tuesday night? EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 1:51 am

To highjack this thread slightly, I'm looking for players for the latest Imperial Assault campaign using the Return to Hoth expansion. We have three interested (myself, Rich A and Jason), with Ginge as an additional if required. So I'm looking for a couple more players. The campaign runs for ~11-12 games, and we usually get two completed in an evening. So we usually run it bi-weekly for 6 sessions. Let me know if interested.
Back to top Go down
Adam B

PostSubject: Re: RPG Games on Tuesday night?   RPG Games on Tuesday night? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 5:23 am

I would also be up for D&D or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

PostSubject: Re: RPG Games on Tuesday night?   RPG Games on Tuesday night? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 3:09 am

I till have a number of your books Jason. do you want me to bring them down one Tuesday?
Back to top Go down
Jcking83

PostSubject: Re: RPG Games on Tuesday night?   RPG Games on Tuesday night? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 6:13 am

Ooh yes please, also I now have the new 5th edition D&D starter set if u would like to have a looksie?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPG Games on Tuesday night?   RPG Games on Tuesday night? Empty

Back to top Go down

RPG Games on Tuesday night?
Page 1 of 1