Hammer N Ales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer N Ales Portsmouth is a wargaming group based in Portsmouth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Firestorm Armada

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard F

Firestorm Armada Empty
PostSubject: Firestorm Armada   Firestorm Armada EmptySun May 25, 2014 6:45 am

Hey all

Just wondered if anyone played it/owns a copy and if so, what was your opinion?

I loved the concept of battlefleet gothic, but doubt GW will rerelease it Sad and this looked similar.
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

Firestorm Armada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firestorm Armada   Firestorm Armada EmptySun May 25, 2014 7:27 am

Always here mixed reviews about this game. Very marmite. Made by same people who do dystopian wars though and I love the rules for that game.
Back to top Go down
http://thelifeandtimesofnoveltyboy.blogspot.co.uk/
Admin
Admin

Firestorm Armada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firestorm Armada   Firestorm Armada EmptySun May 25, 2014 9:05 am

As far as I can tell it uses a lot of the same mechanisms as Uncharted Seas, which of course was the test bed that they perfected the rules for Dystopian Wars on (before running it out to include Air and Land units too)

I've heard that as a game system it works well, just I haven't heard the rave reviews that Dystopian Wars received, possibly because the background for the races seemed fairly generic, whereas the Steampunk Industrial Nations thing they come up with for Dystopian Wars was more original and caught wargamers attention more.

Having never played it or seen the models even, I can't really comment more than that...
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

Firestorm Armada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firestorm Armada   Firestorm Armada Empty

Back to top Go down

Firestorm Armada
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hammer N Ales :: What's New? :: News-
Jump to: