Hammer N Ales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer N Ales Portsmouth is a wargaming group based in Portsmouth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shield of Baal - Exterminatus

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Shield of Baal - Exterminatus Empty
PostSubject: Shield of Baal - Exterminatus   Shield of Baal - Exterminatus EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 5:04 am

I've had a glance at the second book in the shield of baal campaign. Now when it came to Sanctus Reach I picked up both books for the club as it included the rules for Planetstrike in the first one and then some expansion rules for Planetstrike in the second. With shield of baal they included cityfight rules in the first... but the second does not add further generalist rules such as those.

Now on the upside for the books, they are beautifully done, and include several missions, plus a whole host of datasheets for blood angels/successor chapters, plus some necron datasheets too. However, of regular club attendees, I only know of myself with Necrons and Tim with blood angels. And I'm reluctant to spend club money for something that very few members of the club care about.

So... what are your thoughts? Are there any closet necron/blood angel players out there? Or are there any marine players who would like to peruse yet more options for their power armour armies to play counts as for? Any purists who'd like to get the second set just to complete the set/read the fluff? This isn't a voting matter, I don't need unanimous I don't even need majority... I just need to see enough interest for me to feel it worthwhile.

Gentlemen the floor is yours...
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
Paul "Wolfman" Brownmane

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Shield of Baal - Exterminatus   Shield of Baal - Exterminatus EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 5:49 am

I say grab it. I'd be interested in having a read.
Back to top Go down
Eckian

PostSubject: Re: Shield of Baal - Exterminatus   Shield of Baal - Exterminatus EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 11:44 pm

Adam has necrons and I think Jon is switching his marine force to blood angels.
Back to top Go down
Richard F

PostSubject: Re: Shield of Baal - Exterminatus   Shield of Baal - Exterminatus EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 8:58 pm

Personally I wouldn't get it for the club as its far to specific. We also don't play apoc enough to warrant getting collections of data sheets
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shield of Baal - Exterminatus   Shield of Baal - Exterminatus EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 9:36 pm

Rich just to clarify these aren't apoc datasheets, they're 40k datasheets. I should have probably called them formations. They can be used in a standard bound 40k army.
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Shield of Baal - Exterminatus   Shield of Baal - Exterminatus EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 10:07 am

I agree if there is no club wide benefit then leave it for the players who own those armies to buy their own.
Back to top Go down
http://thelifeandtimesofnoveltyboy.blogspot.co.uk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shield of Baal - Exterminatus   Shield of Baal - Exterminatus Empty

Back to top Go down

Shield of Baal - Exterminatus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hammer N Ales :: What's New? :: News-
Jump to: