Hammer N Ales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer N Ales Portsmouth is a wargaming group based in Portsmouth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tuesday 9th June

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

Tuesday 9th June Empty
PostSubject: Tuesday 9th June   Tuesday 9th June EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 3:26 am

Bit late but you know the shiz. I fancy necromunda or 40k depending whos coming.
Back to top Go down
http://thelifeandtimesofnoveltyboy.blogspot.co.uk/
BouncyKnight

Tuesday 9th June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 9th June   Tuesday 9th June EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 6:59 pm

I'm up for Necromunda Rich, if you dare take on the might of the Toxic Kittens. I think Jason and Jamie have a rescue mission to play out too so could be some fun things going on in Medics Corner.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Tuesday 9th June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 9th June   Tuesday 9th June EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 2:07 am

Yeah sorry I went away on Weds morning to visit family, I forgot to do the post before I left, sorry guys.

I'm playing neil 3k of 40k. Not sure who else has anything arranged apart from Necromunda gangs...
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
BouncyKnight

Tuesday 9th June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 9th June   Tuesday 9th June EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 9:35 pm

I have spare gangs people can use if they want to play necromunda. I have Van Sarr, Goliath and Cawdor ready to go if people fancy a game.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

Tuesday 9th June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 9th June   Tuesday 9th June EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 4:54 am

yep, Necromunda it is. Kins Krew (Jason's gang) have to do a rescue mission to save Kurson Kin, the gang leader, who was dragged away by Judge Markov in the last game.

If we mix the Necromunda scenery with some of the 40K building scenery we should be able to get two tables running.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

Tuesday 9th June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 9th June   Tuesday 9th June EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 4:57 am

ON a completely unrelated subject i was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this. With the launch of the new Space Marine codex there have been a few rumblings on facebook 40k groups that this will make all supplements null and void (just a few peoples statements).

I don't see how that it possible.

The supplements did not replace any rules in the codex, just added rules to your army. Also as you still run that army the supplement should still be good.

I thinking of this in the same way that when 7th edition came out, all the current codex's did not become null and void. they are supplements of the main rule book!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Tuesday 9th June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 9th June   Tuesday 9th June EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 5:30 am

I saw a sneak peak of Lysander on bols today, he had "Chapter Tactics: Imperial Fists" Are they perhaps planning to roll Bolter Drill into the main space marine codex as the Imperial Fists chapter tactic, thereby making supplements like sentinels of terra void... not so much that they've been deleted, just that their rules have been gobbled up by the main book. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

Tuesday 9th June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 9th June   Tuesday 9th June EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 6:00 am

the bolter drill was part of the imperial fist chapter tactics already mate. The sentinels of terra allowed you reroll all misses in short range, where the usual bolter drill only allowed you to re-roll ones.

I've emailed GW for clarification on this one.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Tuesday 9th June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 9th June   Tuesday 9th June EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 8:41 am

Is Iyanden still a legit supplement since the new Eldar came out? Cos I believe the argument behind that one was that Iyanden was a supplement for codex Eldar and this is codex Craftworld Eldar therefore Iyanden doesn't have a source book anymore... they could feasibly do the same with Space Marines. But I don't really know...

Is the codex out yet? If not I wouldn't expect an answer from GW till it is...
Back to top Go down
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

Tuesday 9th June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 9th June   Tuesday 9th June EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 7:54 pm

response from GW -

Hey there Jamie,

The digital versions of these books have been updated to make them compatible with the new codex and the product text for each has been amended accordingly on our website.

The books (no longer on sale) will need a little tweaking and some things in them may not work anymore but they can still be used in conjunction with the new Codex.

I hope this helps,

Best wishes,

Sophie

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tuesday 9th June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 9th June   Tuesday 9th June Empty

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 9th June
Page 1 of 1