Hammer N Ales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer N Ales Portsmouth is a wargaming group based in Portsmouth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

40k Tournament

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

40k Tournament Empty
PostSubject: 40k Tournament   40k Tournament EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 9:51 am

So, I was planning to go to a tournament at the beginning of September, and some of you will have seen the army I was getting ready for said tournament... however the event has been cancelled. So having now booked a weekend off work and painted an army, I still want to play. So I plan to run the tournament In-House at the club on the Sunday (assuming I can get the room) and invite you guys to all join in.

Below are the restrictions from the event pack. Please note that with the short notice we will not be including the "Fluffy Army" category of restrictions, and I do not expect you to have fully painted (or even remotely painted) armies for this. I am aiming to, for my own vindication. I have just included the extra restrictions (which will be in italics) for your own perusal and interest. If you wish to do an army that fits that extra restriction, that's good too, it'll all add to the feedback I can give to the guy who IS planning to run the tournament on a more suitable date next year. Let me know who is interested.

Army list restriction summary

1850 points maximum per army

No forge world units are allowed 

Maximum of 2 detachments, any two are allowed as long as they comply with the other restrictions below 

No more than 2 units may be duplicated in the entire army, this includes dedicated transports. For example a space marine army with two tactical squads both in rhinos is the two duplications of the army. One for the tactical squad and on for the rhino, therefore the rest of the army can’t have any duplicated units 

Duplicated units can only be duplicated once, so no army can run 3 units that are the same, if this means that you can’t run a certain detachment then it means you can’t run that detachment 

No unit may have a number of models in it that more than doubles its default starting size. For example a 10 man terminator squad is fine as its default starting size is 5, however a Necron scarab unit of 10 models is not allowed as its default starting size is 3, therefore its maximum allowed starting size is 6 models (more can be generated through a spyder). 

The allies matrix must be used for 2 detachments and only battle brothers or allies of convenience alliances can be formed

Qualification for ‘fluffy list’ status

To qualify you army must:
1. Either be from a single codex only or be battle brothers
2. Fit the background of the faction or factions it is fighting for  
3. Be fully painted
4. Not be full of filth

General 40K rules restrictions/modifications  

The telepathy power ‘invisibility’: enemy units a) fire against the target unit at ballistic skill of 1 instead of snap shooting/ fight in close combat against the unit with a WS of 1. In addition the power cannot be cast on any unit that has the gargantuan creature or super heavy vehicle unit type.

A re-roll of a saving throw of any kind (cover, armour, invulnerable) can never be better than 4+. E.g. if your normal saving throw is 3+ armour with a re-roll, the re-roll can only be 4+. E.g. if you have pinkhorrors with the ‘grimoir’ effect having an invun save of 3++ (who re roll 1’s on a saving throw) - the re roll of the ‘1’ can only be on a 4+).  

The maximum number of warp charge points that may be generated is capped at 12 (plus the additional D6 each turn). Any excess warp charge is lost. Whilst Malefic Daemonology is allowed, only armies with the Chaos Space Marines or Chaos Daemons faction may make use of it.

Obviously with us having less time than he had planned for his day (his venue opens at 9, I expect to get ours from noon) I plan to trim back a few things... admittedly with less players it'll keep things quicker, we won't have a lunch break we'll eat as we play, it's a small informal event so no registration/prize-giving etc. But what I may have to do is come up with specific scenarios (based on tournaments I've attended) but which are 5 turns only. That way we can get three games done in a single day and not keep everyone away from families too long.

I reckon 14 people max for this tournament, based on how many tables we can set up at once, although some will look more like feral worlds than the games we'd normally play 40k on. We'll live.
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
Admin
Admin

40k Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Tournament   40k Tournament EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 9:54 am

Signed up

1 Ginge
2 Ken (my tournament buddy who also now has no plans for that weekend)
3 Scott
4 Jamie

reserve
reserve
reserve

Add your names in the comments to be on the list, first come first served. Obviously we have reserves to cover dropouts IF we fill all the places. If we end up with an odd number of people I may have to recruit someone to play at short notice.

Oh, and the planned date is Sunday 6th September.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ScottW

40k Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Tournament   40k Tournament EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 12:49 am

Damnit, the fluffy army part was the only bit I had a chance of winning! I'm interested.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

40k Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Tournament   40k Tournament EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 2:37 am

Tell you what Scott, if we get more than six players, I'll make an honourable mention to the top 3 fluffy armies. I just didn't see the point in doing two top threes if I only had 6 people sign up Razz
Back to top Go down
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

40k Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Tournament   40k Tournament EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 3:31 am

I'm in. No forgeworld... hummmm that's going to be challenging. I assume this means no forge world rules? I can still run (for example) my Tech Marine with a conversion beamer, even thought he is a forge world figure, however uses Space Marine codex rules?
Back to top Go down
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

40k Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Tournament   40k Tournament EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 3:32 am

one question. If invisibility reduces you to BS 1, that means template weapons can fire at it???
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

40k Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Tournament   40k Tournament EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 10:32 am

Yes you can still use forge world models as long as they are representing codex choices and it is clear to your opponent what is what. Forge world rules are (not always but generally) quite good, to encourage you to buy the expensive shiny things.

And yes, the reduction to BS1 means you can still fire templates at the target, it's pretty much the reason they word it that way... anything else will still, in effect, be snap shooting, but it allows templates to be fired. Also makes it less broken in combat.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

40k Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Tournament   40k Tournament EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 10:21 am

Right, sadly the room is NOT available on the day we wanted to do the tournament, and as I don't get weekends off that often I am going to have to rethink things... possibly moving to a three consecutive Tuesday style event. I would like to keep the list restrictions in place, as part of the point of this was to a) use the army I painted especially for said restrictions and b) give feedback to the guy who came up with the idea ahead of a tournament he wishes to run. Therefore tournament games will NOT count for league games, so if I do run the tournament then the entrants will have to delay their league commitments... but as the league is expected to be a long running thing anyway that shouldn't harm it too much. I do however still have some details to work out for the tournament, whereas the league is ready to go now, so that will be what I am starting first...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

40k Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Tournament   40k Tournament Empty

Back to top Go down

40k Tournament
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hammer N Ales :: What's New? :: News-
Jump to: