Hammer N Ales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer N Ales Portsmouth is a wargaming group based in Portsmouth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tuesday 8th September

Go down 
+3
Rylatt
dale83
DanB
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Tuesday 8th September Empty
PostSubject: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 10:31 am

Right, so Dan *might* be coming to play Rich H at Dys Wars, which we need to confirm asap, next couple of days... who else is coming and what are you bringing? Ron was a maybe, I'm coming with 40k, Neil is bringing 40k I think...
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 7:56 pm

I'm in. Would be keen to play a league game against someone, if anyone wants to face the might of Mars (after sending a shiver through the webways last night), or Dorns finest!
Back to top Go down
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 10:43 pm

If anyone is interested i'm selling the 40k 7th edition hard back package (rule book plus Dark millennium and the other one) for £30. Bought if for a pal who wanted to get into the game and then he pulled out leaving me £30 quid down and a second set of rules books i don't need.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 1:17 am

Ha, nice of him. Afraid I'm good for rule books Jamie, but if I hear of anyone who lacks them I shall let you know...
Back to top Go down
DanB

DanB

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:37 pm

Rich,

I cant make this night - will try to get there the week after for a 40k game
Back to top Go down
dale83

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 4:28 am

I'll b there playing 40k unless I have to play Jamie again. Any fancy a league game??
Back to top Go down
Rylatt

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 9:34 am

I'll know tomorrow for sure, but looking good for Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 7:30 pm

Ron, if you're in do you wanna play me? Wanna play my Mech or my Marines?
Back to top Go down
DanB

DanB

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 2:52 am

I can make it now! ... Woop go me! ... Happy to bring the green (grey) team down for 40k but I would be really happy to try distopian wars if someone wouldn't mind Smile
Back to top Go down
dale83

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 2:59 am

I'll give u a 40k game Dan if u dont get a better offer
Back to top Go down
DanB

DanB

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 3:30 am

League game?

Wanna be home or away?
Back to top Go down
Rylatt

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 3:31 am

Ok I'm down, not fussed Jamie, you decide
Back to top Go down
dale83

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 4:26 am

Yeah league game mate. I'll try being home again so u can pick the mission
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 12:49 pm

Right so we have Ron vs Jamie 40k...

Dan we need to confirm with Rich if you'd like to play Dys Wars with him or 40k with Dale...

Neil and me are also bringing 40k, so one of us can play Dale if Dan and Rich play Dys Wars. I think Jason is coming with 40k too, that's TBC...
Back to top Go down
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 10:08 pm

Ron do you wanna go home? I picked the mission against dale so thought it would be good to do an away game. I also get to set up the scenery which will be a bit different
Back to top Go down
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 10:08 pm

Oh, And i'll run my marines....
Back to top Go down
Rylatt

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 11:46 pm

Yeah ok
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 2:44 am

There seems to be some confusion over home/away, as Jamie the fact that you picked the mission meant you were the AWAY team...

So, to recap...

Well, the defender has the home turf... so I have decided that he shall set up the terrain. It's still in his interest to set up a fairly balanced board, but as the defender he may have created clear firing lines and kill zones in his city... a tyranid player on the other hand would probably have vegetation running rampant.
I am also stating the defender must roll for who chooses to deploy first or second FIRST, and that he has a reroll on that roll. BUT he must choose whether or not to take the reroll before the attacker rolls. So a 1 he'll always reroll, but a 3... hmm, he might stick with that, especially if against me... Razz
To represent his troops knowing the battlefield well, the entire defenders army gets acute senses. This of course means absolute jack shit if they don't have outflank too, but it has the chance to make some defensive units marginally more effective.

As for the attacker, well he truly has the initiative in this battle. He knows what he's here for. Therefore the attacker picks the mission. This of course is done BEFORE the defender sets up the terrain.
The attacker also gets a reroll on his "Seize the Initiative" roll.

We'd forgotten about the second defender advantage in games so far. Be nice to see that worked in.

So, in summary.

AWAY: Picks Mission
HOME: Sets Scenery
HOME: Rolls for choosing deployment edge
HOME: Chooses whether or not to reroll that die
AWAY: Rolls for choosing table edge
VICTOR OF ROLL: As per standard mission
AWAY: They get to reroll their "Seize the Initiative" roll, if applicable
HOME: Army gains Acute Senses special rule regardless
Back to top Go down
Rylatt

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 6:38 am

If it's ok I'd like to run and join with my Ultra marines on Tuesday Jamie? Ginge, can you add my Marines to the league My GK's are having repairs and being refurbished for armies on parade.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 6:47 am

No worries
Back to top Go down
Rylatt

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 7:16 am

Thanks.
Jamie - how many points are we doing 2k?
Back to top Go down
Jcking83

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Ginge fancy a League game of 40K against my Marines? As you will be there first im guessing you would like Home field advantage?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:08 pm

I'm happy to give you a game Jason, although despite the logic of your suggestion I'm only playing away games for now... I'm actually working on some scenery especially for my home games, won't be ready for a few weeks yet though... Besides, I get to know the mission before setting up scenery, so best to wait till you get there.
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 11:55 pm

What's happening with Dan then? I've been away all weekend so haven't been on here and last I knew unless stated otherwise we were playing D'wars.
Back to top Go down
http://thelifeandtimesofnoveltyboy.blogspot.co.uk/
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 12:06 am

Been trying to get a solid answer for a few days, it appears he's gearing up for 40k, although he seemed to prefer the idea of dys wars last Tuesday... trying to confirm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 8th September   Tuesday 8th September Empty

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 8th September
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next