Hammer N Ales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer N Ales Portsmouth is a wargaming group based in Portsmouth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Back to the Badlands

Go down 
+3
Noveltyboy
spitfire
Admin
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

Back to the Badlands - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 6:27 pm

I dont mind some proxy as long as its clear what they are. My bonus 250 points is going against rob as im still having some issues dealing with the encased in too much armour meatbags.
Back to top Go down
http://thelifeandtimesofnoveltyboy.blogspot.co.uk/
Jcking83

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 6:30 am

I will make sure its crystal before we play so we can agree beforehand and saves any horrible game moments.

Also, Ginge do I get to use the Hatred USR against Lizards that I gained from losing my last game?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 11:19 am

I believe that only applies to your level 4s army, so would depend on which army you're fighting with (big flag one)

Unless Rich H got a Spoils of War roll that made you hate him too...
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
Skrag

Skrag

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 9:06 pm

Hello I'll be using 500pts extra against Rich F if he does not use him extra pts if he does Ill use all 600pts.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 11:26 am

Neil you've got a 300 point bonus and a 300 point bonus... it can't be split. So you can either use 300 or 600 against Rich... well, or none.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 11:27 am

IF you choose to use all 600 and Rich chooses not to use any, then you will be restricted to 2500, but the other 100 points will be lost and gone regardless.
Back to top Go down
Richard F

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 5:14 am

Cheers again Ginge  cheers 

I'll use all my extra points vs Neil
Back to top Go down
spitfire

spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 8:31 am

Reading back I need to set out what armies have what new items and extra points so here goes
Chaos lord on foot =200 points
Dp =150 points
Chaos lord on jug=250
The brown cloaked won in The Lord on foot army has a 60 point banner and becomes renown
Squad of 5 jug in the jug army has the hoarfrost banner
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 11:55 pm

Map rolls not done this week due to lack of attendees. I had instructions from my ally Rich F, but no instructions for Rob, and in the case of Scott and Jason I had neither instructions nor their ally available to ask. So all rolls will be done as soon as possible next week instead. If you can't make it down, please let me know your instructions either by text, email or private message before next Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 12:34 pm

So, summer campaign game played and armies lined up, a quick recap on some things...

Spoils of War
Ginge Ulric SOW3 +150pts
Neil Tyrant SOW5 8 Maneaters gain Always Strikes First. Random Event roll gave this unit Armour Piercing too. Furthermore this unit still counts as having the magic banner RoR status, as it didn't lose the standard in battle, it was shot. From what I can read in the pack it seems you have to lose the standard in battle (basically by running and leaving it) to actually lose the standard.
Rich H (vs Jason) SOW1 all Jasons units hate Lizards
Rich F SOW6 +1 Relic 30 pt item
Stephen Loremaster SOW 4 (25 Lothern Sea Guard get a 20pt banner, RoR)
Rich H SOW4 The RoR unit of Stubborn Saurus Warriors now get a 40pt banner

Ignominious Defeats
Stephen Dragonlord ID2 Bolt Thrower has stupidity next battle
Rich F Books ID3 20 Crossbowmen must be paid for nextbattle, only 10 are used.
Jason Dreadlord ID1 Lizards cause fear next battle
Jason (vs Rich F) ID6 Hatred Dwarves
Scott Dragon ID4 One of the units has stupidity next time this army fights
Rob 3 skulls ID1 All lizards cause fear

Ongoing character effects (apart from permanent changes that should be noted on the relevant character sheet)

Rich F character is in a coma and misses next game
Jasons level 4 was Captured by Rich H.
Scotts Pegasus guy was captured by Rich F

Character Injuries
Stephen Dragonlord (captured by Ginge)
Ginge Ulric -1T permanently
Jason Dreadlord psychological injury permanently fears Lizards
Jason (vs Rich F, think it's Dreadlord also) Heroic Escape +1WS permanently
Scott Dragonrider Heroic Escape +1T permanently
Rob 3skulls Heroic Escape +1W permanently

So, lots of Heroic Escapes... maybe humans are just better gaolers, cos we've still got our bounty, and we only let the last one go when a substantial ransom was offered...

Random Events
Rich F 41 Next game you can look at your enemies list - one of the best ones for you given your absence, there is no time limit on this, so REMEMBER it.
All other random events had an immediate effect, such as moving the fortress again, nicking flags from each other, or artful diplomacy.

Challenges
wk1 Rich H (Fire) vs Scott (level 4) Loremaster SOM game
wk1 Stephen (Loremaster) vs Ginge (Roughguts) Loremaster SOM game
wk2 Neil (Level 4) challenges Stephen (Handmaiden) neils mine

Mines
Stephen +100pts (Handmaiden)
Ginge +1 Relic +50pt item (Tricksters Helm for Sir William)
Ginge +1 Relic +60pt item (Sword of Bloodshed for Roughguts)
Neil +1 Relic Random AI 55
Neil +100 pts (Level 4)
Neil +150 pts (Level 4)
Neil +1 Relic +50 pt item
Neil +200 pts (level 4)
Scott +1 Relic Random EI 32
Scott +1 Relic Random EI 25
Scott +1 Relic 60pt item
Scott +100pts Dragon
Rich F +1 Relic +50pt item
Rich F +1 Relic +60pt item

Relics

Rich F - 32
Scott - 22
Ginge - 14
Rich H - 14
Jason - 11
Stephen - 11
Neil - 8
Rob - 7

And just out of interest, I took a glance at how the map is shaping up...

Neil - 14 territories - 5 mines - 2 sites of interest - 1 relic valued site
Rich F - 14 territories - 2 mines - 1 site of interest - 2 relic value sites (one of which is an additional mine)
Scott - 14 territories - 4 mines - 1 site of interest
Ginge - 10 territories - 2 mines
Rob - 8 territories - 1 mine - 1 site of interest
Jason - 6 territories - 1 mine
Rich H - 6 territories - 1 site of interest
Stephen - 5 territories - 1 mine - 1 site of interest - 1 relic valued site

And as the map stands, Neil is probably going to be on 7 mines by this time next round. I know who I'm targeting for the rest of Autumn. Fire up the Steam Tank boys, we got fat bastards to hunt...
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 6:41 pm

Im willing to take reasonable offers on your level 4 jason unless you can engineer a fight to get her back, as that army is the other side of the map now that may be hard.
Back to top Go down
Jcking83

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 6:21 am

Reasonable offers...how reasonable? lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Reasaonable offers are usually along the lines of "here, look at my army specific magic items I'm not using, that provide a nice little boost for me... but would be utterly broken on a lizard unit"

Hence why I got Neils Dragonhide Banner (and given the timing I'm pretty sure it's made out of Scotts Dragon, which makes it all the sweeter that the first time I used it I captured Stephens Dragon) Reroll 1s on Ogres is nice, with their 5+ armour save, hitting on 4s. But on my knights, with their 2+ armour saves, and usually hitting on 2s (thank you Celestial Hurricanum) and the great weapons meaning I wound most things on 2s, rerolling 1s effectively means I'm rerolling everything! It's far better for me than it ever was for him.

Of the top of my head though I can't think of anything in the Dark Elf Armoury that you wouldn't want to use yourself, once you have three armies worth of characters to equip...
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 7:59 am

True but he does have access to the common items and I just happened to have lost my book of ashur but would equally accept some nice armour or ward save for my carno lord.
Back to top Go down
spitfire

spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 6:12 am

I see I have a mine but didn't get a role? also my site of interest is that the one you can kill characters? Happy to kill jasons one if you like rich?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 12:24 pm

That's a very good point Rob... ok, one of two things has happened here. Either I did the count before mine rolls, in which case a "mine collapsed" roll would mean you now have no mines, I just forgot to update my count. Alternatively, I do recall we did a build of a mine with your army a little out of sequence. It's possible we did the build after we did the mine rolls and it was thus forgotten.

Easy fix - I'll look at the map Tuesday. If you have a mine physically on the map, then it was the latter scenario and I shall do a mine roll for you and update the forum accordingly. If there is no mine on the map, then it was clearly the former scenario, in which case there is no mine roll, as it has already been (unsuccessfully) done. In which case I'll merely let you know.
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 4:32 am

I would pref a fight of trade back for her. Also I believe ginge keeps collapsing mines and im pretty sure yours was one this week that went under.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 9:02 am

Oh and Rob yes I'm pretty sure your site of interest was the sacrificial pit thingy, though that only gets used at the end of the season, so you'll have to hold onto it for a while.

And actually I think you'll find I've been rolling very well for mines, just ask Rich F. I also tend to get peoples allies to roll mines on their behalf, in an effort to sow discontent among my enemies...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 11:46 am

Right, I did consider doing a recap of ongoing effects, but it was a massive post just from the last periods stuff, so counting back for everyone is going to make a post about 2 pages long... no way I'm doing that every week. I recommend checking back on any armies that are of interest to you... or better yet, do what I do. I have a card for each character or Regiment of Reknown, but I also have a card for each army... on which I can record which heroes/regiments are in it, what SOW or ID rolls are still ongoing, what extra points I've rolled from mines etc. I suggest you each prepare the same.

Still in custody
Jasons level 4 was Captured by Rich H.
Scotts Pegasus guy was captured by Rich F
Stephen Dragonlord captured by Ginge

SOW
Ginge (Roughguts) SOW3 +50pts next battle
Neil (level 4) SOW3 +100pts next battle
Rich H SOW6 +1Relic +50pt item

ID
Stephen Loremaster ID5 loses devastating charge phoenix guard
Stephen Handmaiden ID5 loses RoR (that was destroyed in battle anyway)
Scott (level 4) ID2 (5 dark riders must be bought but not used next battle)

Character Injuries
Stephen (Loremaster) -1T next battle
Stephen (Handmaiden) loses Potion of Strength (Neil finds it so now has two in his armoury)
Scott (level 3) -1S next battle

Storm of Magic games played, +2 relics for Ginge, Stephen, Scott and Rich H

Random Events
Rich H - 51 - if he wins the game this turn he automatically captures his opponents tile
Rob - 51 - see above. Right now he's lined up a defensive game, he can go shopping for an offensive game the following week if he gets chance
Jason - 42 - your next opponent must roll a D6 for each unit before deployment, on a 1 they start in reserve.
Scott - 44 - In your next game you may pick whether to deploy and go first or second - this is only where it is normally randomised, a scenario that dictates who goes first based on who deploys first (such as the watchtower) would still play as normal, otherwise this would be broken.
Ginge - 45 - In next game I may pick which scenario to play and whether to deploy first or second... However my next game is a Siege Storm of Magic, so the scenario is decided and who deploys first is also decided... I'm wondering if this means this result is useless to me or do I get a pass on this till the next game I would get a choice in? Has this come up before? If so, how did we play it then?
Neil - 46 - in his next game his army is 25% larger than his opponents.

Challenges
Rich H (Carnosaur) vs Neil (Level 4) (+25%) Sunday
Rob (Yellowskull) vs Jason (bent flag) Either week
Ginge (Pontius Pillock) vs Rich H (Fire Slaan) SOM SIEGE Wk 1
Scott (Morathi) vs Neil (Scraag) scotts mine wk2

Mines
Stephen +50pts to an army
Jason +50pts to an army
Rob +1 Relic 20pt item
Ginge +1 Relic 60pt item
Ginge +1 Relic Random Magic Armour 52 Shadow Armour
Rich F +100pts to an army
Rich F +1 Relic 60pt item
Rich F +50pts to an army
Rich F +1 relic 50pt item
Rich F +1 relic 50pt item
Scott +150pts to level 4 army
Scott + 150pts to level 4 army
Scott +250pts to Dragonlord army
Scott +50pts to Dragonlord army
Neil +300pts Scraag
Neil +200pts Scraag
Neil +100pts Scraag
Neil +1 Relic 30pt item

Relics

Rich F - 35
Scott - 24
Ginge - 18
Rich H - 17
Stephen - 13
Jason - 11
Neil - 9
Rob - 8
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 2:00 am

Just re-reading my campaign pack, and have realised that one particular player is missing out BIG time on something he is entitled to...

Scott, we shall rectify the situation for the final week of autumn. But I wonder if anyone else figures out what you've forgotten...
Back to top Go down
spitfire

spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 10:45 pm

What week is good for you jason
Back to top Go down
spitfire

spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 2:10 am

AS ive not heard from jason going to say our game is next week and ill try and get hold of him again
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 3:43 am

ok rob no problem. I'll send you his number so you can text him. Sorry I couldn't do so soon enough for this week, just been a busy weekend I've not been online much...
Back to top Go down
Jcking83

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 8:39 am

Rob, sorry for not getting in touch - finally got everything settled and sorted in the new house so can make next week if you want to play?
Back to top Go down
spitfire

spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 8:41 am

Hi jason thats fine with me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Back to the Badlands
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next