Hammer N Ales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer N Ales Portsmouth is a wargaming group based in Portsmouth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

40K tournament - London - May.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

40K tournament - London - May.  Empty
PostSubject: 40K tournament - London - May.    40K tournament - London - May.  EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 6:06 am

Guys,

I'm seriously thinking about taking my mech to this tournament. Should be a lot of fun. anyone eels interested?

http://bit.ly/1PNKV1f
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 40K tournament - London - May.    40K tournament - London - May.  EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 12:35 am

Am I missing something here? I read the document, can't see anything saying how big the armies are supposed to be... Razz

A whole weekend would be a big ask for me, that is three days off work at least to make that one. I'll keep an eye on it though, might be tempted. Although the biggest concern I have from reading the tournament pack is that it seems like it's designed for hardcore gamers (not my first choice of game but I can mix it up from time to time) yet they put a sportsmanship score into the total victory points. From what I've seen, the kinda players who really want to win these tournaments are not above dicking the sportsmanship score of someone they've had a very friendly but very close game with... sort of like "hey we drew, and shook hands at the end, but by secretly writing that you were a dickhead I know I'll edge ahead of you in the rankings..."
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

PostSubject: Re: 40K tournament - London - May.    40K tournament - London - May.  EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 12:44 am

I'm more in it for the experience, and for the variety of gaming. It thought £35 was a reasonable price, and the point limit is 1500 pts.
I do agree that you read that a lot of these tournaments are build for 'that guy' gamers but with a plan to have 200 players it would be a great experience.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 40K tournament - London - May.    40K tournament - London - May.  EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:15 am

Yeah the biggest tournament I've been to has been 50 gamers. Done that in both a single day and two day event (the two day one being in Portsmouth made it a lot more manageable!)

For a 5 game event the price is a little steeper than I'd normally expect, (I'm used to paying under £20 for a 3 game tourney) but it is in London, so that'll explain that straight away.

Thanks for the info on the points limit, like I said I'll think about it... It would be a big ask in my current profession but if I switched to a Monday to Friday working habit in the next few months it might well be feasible... Razz
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 40K tournament - London - May.    40K tournament - London - May.  Empty

Back to top Go down

40K tournament - London - May.
Page 1 of 1