Hammer N Ales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer N Ales Portsmouth is a wargaming group based in Portsmouth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Infinity The Game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jcking83

Infinity The Game Empty
PostSubject: Infinity The Game   Infinity The Game EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 11:06 pm

Has anyone else seen Infinity The Game? Its a 28mm 'normal' scale skirmish game, so should appeal to lovers of Necromunda etc...
The rules, army lists, markers et al are available to download for FREE off the website infinitythegame.com and the metal miniatures look lovely!

I saw this game a while ago, devoured the rulebook and youtube videos, but have stopped short of getting the starter set due to a serious backlog of unpainted Warhammer & 40K miniatures (which I seriously need to get my ass into gear to paint as my X-Wing collection is sorta getting outta hand now!).
I've been in contact with a Rep for Infinity, who currently is running demo games at Fistful of Dice on Monday nights and he has offered to come down and run a demo night for us, but I don't want to arrange anything if there's not going to be any interest apart form myself, it helps to have opponents after all lol

So, my question to all ye faithful is would anyone be interested in a demo night to see how Infinity plays?
Back to top Go down
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

Infinity The Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity The Game   Infinity The Game EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 4:25 am

I'd be interested. be interesting to see how the game mechanics work
Back to top Go down
Richard F

Infinity The Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity The Game   Infinity The Game EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 6:46 am

Looks like a cross between necromunda and manga. From your reading does it sound like a similar game?

I'd be interested in having a look.
Back to top Go down
Jcking83

Infinity The Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity The Game   Infinity The Game EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 7:22 pm

It is a sort of Necromunda/Manga hybrid, you have real world weaponry (Shotguns, Grenades etc.) mixed with things like Predator-like camouflage, Hackers and TAGS (think Gundam Wing etc.)The main draw to me is that even though its a YouGoIGo system, when its not your turn you still get to play rather than sit around for ages waiting because you get to actually react to what your opponent is doing, for example:

Opponent A orders a Troop to move around the corner of a building. Opponent B has one of his own troopers with a Sniper Rifle covering the building in case an enemy decides to pop his head round the corner. Now, because Opponent B will have LOF to Opponents A model (you have to declare the actual route and how far you are moving when issuing a Move Order) he can decide to try and take a normal shot at the model and hopefully put him down.
Back to top Go down
Richard F

Infinity The Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity The Game   Infinity The Game EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 1:49 am

Over watch is back! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jcking83

Infinity The Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity The Game   Infinity The Game EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 7:29 pm

Only better - it doesn't have any special modifiers to attack like 40K, only those that would apply normally for Range and camouflage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Infinity The Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity The Game   Infinity The Game Empty

Back to top Go down

Infinity The Game
Page 1 of 1