Hammer N Ales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer N Ales Portsmouth is a wargaming group based in Portsmouth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Tale of Some Gamers...

Go down 
+7
Skrag
spitfire
Jamie Garrett
Rylatt
Noveltyboy
Eckian
Admin
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 11:10 pm

Scott, I've picked up a load of old metal tyranids figures off eBay with a bundle I bought. I was going to put them back on however I thought I'd see if you wanted them first. Let me know you have any interest and I'll bring them along one Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 11:14 pm

Gents I've written up my 2000 pts which is a combination of guard (as I need to expand my army) and marines (as I still have truck load to paint).
My first 500 pts will be as follows:
Lord commissar
5x rattling snipers
5x ogryns
5x militarism tempestus (this is the new rules for the storm troops right?)
10 man veteran squad

Unfortunately I don't think they will perform well in a 500 pt combat squad game however I have them and I want to paint them.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 2:06 am

Jamie that wouldn't actually be a legal list in combat patrol - the commissar lord and the ogryns have 3 wounds each, so aren't allowed. But do note that you don't HAVE to play a combat patrol game, it's only one point, most of the points will be for painting stuff, so if you want to paint it then paint it.
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
Eckian

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 2:20 am

my first 500 point list is as as follows

Enginseer + a Servitor
Ministorum Priest
Infanty Platoon
one PCS
2 infanty squads
Commissar
Melta SWS
Missle Launchers HWS
Autocannons HWS

I'm not going to be there next week. I will pass my paper list over to the next time I'm at the club.
Back to top Go down
oz

oz

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 6:22 am

Here's my list...

w Crushing Blow

10 Dire Avengers
Exarch w Diresword & Shuriken Pistol

Falcon
Scatter Laser
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 9:57 am

Ian don't worry about the paper copy I was going to take all the paper copies and put them online anyway, if it's already here that's fine.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 10:03 am

Just to clarify folks, the first 500 points does NOT have to be a 500 point combat patrol force. You can paint whatever you want to paint, provided it's 500 points worth. The combat patrol game is a bonus point if you wish to aim for it. The bonus points were put into the system as a way to separate things should everyone paint everything on time. In my experience of running two of these in the past this sadly doesn't happen often, and the people who "win" the tale have, on each occasion been the ones who met all the painting deadlines - the bonus points for games merely acting as tiebreakers.

However, there is no prize for winning this tale. There is a prize for completing it - a fully painted army. Something we all strive for, and sometimes need a little help in achieving. Deadlines and a Tale work for me, which is why I'm running one. If you all complete the 2000 points or so you wish to paint, the bonus point for playing a combat patrol game in the first round will seem largely irrelevant. Paint what you want to paint. It's more fun that way.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 11:41 am

My next 500 pts was three leman Russ which again falls outside the combat patrol rules. I think I'm going to dr the first 500 pts into a 2k game so that it's adding to my army instead of building a new one.
Back to top Go down
earthwormtimmy

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 4:59 am

Warboss-89, 12 boyz-117, 12 boyz-117, trukk-30, dakka jet-145, total-498, hope this is ok Smile
Back to top Go down
Alan J

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 6:52 pm

Changed my mind on the Guard, so going to paint an expansion to my Fists...

Librarian 90
Librarian 90
Librarian with storm bolter 95
Terminators with thunder-hammers 225
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 11:42 pm

No problem Alan. And Tim that looks fine. Neither of these lists are combat patrol legal if that's something you were aiming for, but I wouldn't worry too much about it - of 8 lists submitted so far only 2 have been CP legal, so I don't think many people are aiming for that bonus point...
Back to top Go down
earthwormtimmy

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 12:03 am

Is my list CP worthy? I want bonus point Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 3:12 am

Afraid not Tim, the warboss is a 3 wound character, so not allowed in combat patrol. The CP rules are earlier in the thread...
Back to top Go down
earthwormtimmy

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 3:20 am

Damn, can I swap him for a big mek ? 2 wounds? Sorry missed that bit, or is it too late? Understand if not l, no bonus Sad
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 8:32 am

Mine isnt legal but I will swap it out for models thats are to play my cp game as the stormlord is for apoc game at the end anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://thelifeandtimesofnoveltyboy.blogspot.co.uk/
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:15 pm

Yeah Tim go for it, not everyone has their list in yet and i'm cutting people some slack as it's the first week. Though bear in mind that a Big Mek can't wear Mega Armour or have a KFF (2+ saves and Ordnance weapons are not allowed in Combat Patrol either)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:16 pm

And Richs method of painting some models then swapping them out for models he's previously painted works fine too, but he has a previously painted army he is expanding, so it's easy for him to do that. Those of us starting a fresh army don't really have that option...
Back to top Go down
earthwormtimmy

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:03 pm

Is a shock attack gun ordnance? If so, I will paint 2 painboyz at 50 pts each as they count as hq's and only have 1 wound. Big mek with shokk attack gun and evy armor is 89pts Smile
Back to top Go down
spitfire

spitfire

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 7:36 pm

ok so my 500 points (sorry its late) and I guess this may change points wise with a new codex in the next week.

Rune priest
runic armour
wolf tail talisman
wolf tooth necklace -135

15 bloodclaws
1x power wep - 240

Rhino with extra armour - 50

Razorback with assault cannon 75
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 9:09 pm

Tim, Shok Attack gun is Ordnance.

Rob, is Runic armour a 2+ save? If so you couldn't use it as that in combat patrol. You can still paint it, just take a slight downgrade for the CP game. And don't worry about changing points costs, if it's 500 points now then it counts. If it ends up only being 400 points after the change then you may need to paint a few extra points over the next 6 months to get the full 1500 points you need for the tournament, but you can cross that hypothetical bridge when you come to it.
Back to top Go down
Skrag

Skrag

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 5:26 pm

Hi I had to redo my list so here we go.

15 Khorne Berzerkers 295
Power Fist 25
Veterans 15

Dark Apostle 105
Axe of Blindfury 35
Plasma Pistol 15
Mark of Khorne 10

Total 500
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 2:55 am

Right, so here are the lists so far... I am accepting late submissions for phase one, it just means anyone who joins in late has a couple weeks less to paint than the rest of us. I'm thinking that once phase one is done, we won't allow any more admissions, as that would skew things massively against the latecomer in the later stages of the tale...

Ginge - Bad Moons Orks

T - 20 Boyz, shootas, Nob PK Bosspole -180
ded tran truk, ram -35
T - 10 grots, runtherd - 35
HS - 3 Mek guns, Traktor Kannons, each with +2 gretchin crew and an ammo runt -117
HQ - Mek - 15
FA Dakkajet extra super shoota - 130

Scott - Tyranids expansion

3 biovores (120)
9 spore mines (45)
3 tyrant guard (lash whip+bonesword, crushing claws) 190
4 tyranid warriors (barbed strangler, 1 with twin boneswords, rest with rending claws 160

Jamie - Guard/Marine Allies

Lord commissar
5x rattling snipers
5x ogryns
5x militarism tempestus (this is the new rules for the storm troops right?)
10 man veteran squad

Ian - Guard

Enginseer + a Servitor
Ministorum Priest
Infanty Platoon
one PCS
2 infanty squads
Commissar
Melta SWS
Missle Launchers HWS
Autocannons HWS

Oz - Eldar

w Crushing Blow
10 Dire Avengers
Exarch w Diresword & Shuriken Pistol
Falcon
Scatter Laser

Tim - Orks

Painboy - 50, Painboy - 50, 12 boyz-117, 12 boyz-117, trukk-30, dakka jet-145

Alan - Imperial Fists

Librarian 90
Librarian 90
Librarian with storm bolter 95
Terminators with thunder-hammers 225

Rich H - Chaos Expansion

Stormlord - 500 ish

Rob P - Space WOlves

Rune priest
runic armour
wolf tail talisman
wolf tooth necklace -135

15 bloodclaws
1x power wep - 240

Rhino with extra armour - 50

Razorback with assault cannon 75

Neil - Chaos SPace Marines

15 Khorne Berzerkers 295
Power Fist 25
Veterans 15

Dark Apostle 105
Axe of Blindfury 35
Plasma Pistol 15
Mark of Khorne 10

I also have interest from Ken, Ron, Simon A and Rich A. If you guys want in, let me know, the doors are still open.

Of all the lists above, 4 are Combat Patrol Legal. 1 might be, I need to double check some wargear. And at least one other person has expressed an intention to substitute the one thing they are painting for something that will work in combat patrol. So not everyone is aiming for the bonus point, and that is ok, the aim of this game is to paint an army. Winning doesn't matter much, it's finishing that is the goal.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 11:15 am

Neil has asked a question... can he use a Warhammer 30k model in the Tale? In particular, Angron. What do people think? My stipulation so far is if I do let him in, it should only be for the apoc game - I don't want to see Primarchs in regular games, they should be for... well... the apocalypse. So not before then. But does anyone have any objections? Should Neil get the model and paint it by the time we finish the Tale some time next year?
Back to top Go down
Jamie Garrett

Jamie Garrett

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 7:28 pm

Why not. Would be good to see him action
Back to top Go down
Eckian

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 8:54 pm

No objections from me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Tale of Some Gamers...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hammer N Ales :: Current Events :: Our Events-
Jump to: