Hammer N Ales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer N Ales Portsmouth is a wargaming group based in Portsmouth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Tale of Some Gamers...

Go down 
+7
Skrag
spitfire
Jamie Garrett
Rylatt
Noveltyboy
Eckian
Admin
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 6:48 am

im looking at 5 termies and some lords with some extra flesh hounds atm will take me over 500. will be more specific when I get round to adding it up. been working late and its end of month so accounts to do and diary to update
Back to top Go down
http://thelifeandtimesofnoveltyboy.blogspot.co.uk/
Admin
Admin

A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Some Gamers...   A Tale of Some Gamers... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:31 am

Sadly this Tale doesn't seem to have inspired the imagination in the way other Tales I have run in the past have managed to do... we also seem to be hitting a majority of failures, rather than the solitary struggler being mentally pushed to keep up with his peers. As such the tale is failing in it's objective - of getting armies painted.

In fact, I got the first segment done very quickly, but then had to stop and wait for the next segment to start. By the time it did, I wasn't in the mood, and failed that segment. In segment three I have finished the models from segment two AND completed the models from segment three, and still have a couple weeks to go. I don't want to waste this good painting feeling I've got by halting again, so I'm moving on to the models I had set aside for segment four. You never know, I may get them done in time for Jamies apoc game.

So yeah, in summary, this Tale is not achieving what it set out to do, therefore I am terminating it. I may run another in future, but I think that much like a good campaign, it would need to be smaller and more committed. The first Tale I ran was only for four gamers and all of us started new armies AND wrote background material for said armies. I'd like to do something like that again. Next time I get a new army I feel like doing. In the meantime, I'm gonna carry on with the waaaaaaagggggghhhhhh...

Best of luck to all the other painters, try to keep up with it and get those armies finished someday (HA! As if...)
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk

A Tale of Some Gamers...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hammer N Ales :: Current Events :: Our Events-
Jump to: