Hammer N Ales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer N Ales Portsmouth is a wargaming group based in Portsmouth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Back to the Badlands

Go down 
+3
Noveltyboy
spitfire
Admin
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Back to the Badlands - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:48 pm

Still in custody
Jasons level 4 was Captured by Rich H.
Scotts Pegasus guy was captured by Rich F
Stephen Dragonlord captured by Ginge

SOW
Rich H (Carnosaur) SOW1 All ogres have Hatred for this army next time it fights them
Ginge (Pontius) SOW5 One unit (40 Swords with full command, det 20 Handgunners det 15 xbowmen are now a regiment of reknown with Always Strikes First)
Jason (Beastmaster) SOW4 One unit is now a RoR with a 40pt banner
Scott Morathi SOW4 10 Cold One Knights Full Command is now a RoR with ItP

ID
Neil (Level 4) ID6 This army has hatred for any lizards next time it fights them
Rich H (Fire) ID1 This army fears all Empire troops
Rob P (DP) ID6 This army has Hatred for all Dark Elves next time it fights them
Neil (Scraag) ID5 - irrelevant

Character Injuries
Neil (Scraag) +1M permanently
Neil (Level 4) +1s Permanently
Rich H (Carnosaur) lost his 100pt magic sword. Ouch.

Random Events
Rich H 46 His army is 25% larger than his opponents next time they fight
Rob P 45 Pick Scenario and whether to go first or second
Neil 43 Redploy D3 units next game

Challenges
Stephen (Captured Dragonlord army) vs Jason (Straight Banner) for Jasons mine wk2
Jason (bent flag) vs Rob (DP) for Robs mine wk1
Ginge (ROughguts) vs Neil (Scraag) for Neils hanging Rock wk2
Scott (dragon) vs Rich F (3 shells) for Scotts Ork location either week... though Scott has asked to play me at 40k next week, so Rich F if you can't make it down on the 16th then perhaps move the game forward to this coming week instead. Also, remember you still get to look at your opponents army list before writing your own army for this game from a prior random event roll. So you two, communicate. Razz

Mines
Stephen +150pts Dragon
Stephen +50pts Dragon
Jason +300pts Straight Banner
Jason +50pts Straight banner
Rich H +300pts Carnosaur
Rich H +1 Relic +10pt item
Rob +250pts DP
Rob +150pts DP
Ginge +1 Relic +20pt item
Ginge +1 Relic +40pt item
Neil +50pts Scraag
Neil +250pts Scraag
Neil +200pts Scraag
Scott +1 Relic Random Arcane Item Sigil of Disruption
Scott +1 Relic +60pt item
Scott +1 Relic +30pt item
Scott +200pts Morathi
Scott +1 Relic +30pt item
Scott +1 Relic +10pt item
Scott +300pts Morathi
Rich F +150pts TBD
Rich F +1Relic +20pt item
Rich F +1 Relic +60pt item
Rich F +300pts TBD

In other news, Neil gave Rich F 5 relics to hold onto a mine.
Having checked back on my own details, Roughguts has an extra 50pts to spend on his army. I'd celebrate if Scraag wasn't bringing an extra 500, which kinda kicks the shit out of my 50pt "bonus" Shocked

Relics

Rich F - 42
Scott - 29
Ginge - 22
Rich H - 20
Stephen - 14
Jason - 11
Rob - 8
Neil - 4

So, with Neils suicidal haemoraging of Relics to cling onto some of his mines, now Scott emerges as the guy with the most appearances on the "Mines" part of the table. Well, I know who I'll be targeting over Winter...

This is the final campaign period of the Autumn season, then we all have the big game to do. I need to arrange a date with that that I can get off work and that the room will be available to us, I'm aiming for late September but I shall keep you informed. As for the fragile alliance problem that arose last time, I have worked out a way to reduce the issues this will cause, without removing the rule entirely. I don't want to simply eradicate it as the untrustworthy nature of Skaven and Dark Elves is well known and I find it quite a characterful rule, however to make it less disruptive I am starting the Evil team out as Trusted allies (rather than the Ogre presence having them start as less so) and I shall also have it that each individual shall only reduce their own alliances with a failed alliance fragility test... therefore the same person will have to fail the test twice for it to matter, which won't be till turn 2 at the earliest, by which point in last game half of everyones armies were dead anyway.

And on a final note, the End Times rules are now available. Who would like to see them incorporated into the campaign for the winter period? Obviously the characters aren't likely to make an appearance as they are for the undead armies and none of us have that army, but we could still add in the Lore of Undeath and the 50% on Lords and Heroes if people would like the option. I could easily write it into the fluff that the End Times have stirred things up while we are off gallivanting all over the Badlands, making the Flying Fortress an even more valuable prize in these desperate times. Or we can just finish our campaign in peace and look at the new rules when it's all over. So, what are peoples thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
Jcking83

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 7:39 am

Scott, Cold One Knights already have ItP as they have Stupidity.......
Back to top Go down
Richard F

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:28 pm

Don't forget I still have Scotts Level 4 Sorcerer hiden away amongst my mounds of gold and relics Very Happy

I'll be down this coming week, so playing Scott then works for me. Scott, what say you? Also, you'll need to give me the list your using before the night please.
Back to top Go down
Richard F

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:58 pm

Oops, misread the post.

I should be able to make the following week, less I should by chance have an interview. So am happy to do either. Preference would be to do this coming week, but I'll go with what you guys have agreed. Just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 5:50 pm

Could really do with some good mine rolls to get a replacement magic weapon for my carno lord. Lets hope with Nagash being awake now the Old Ones shine some of that favour my lizards way.
Back to top Go down
http://thelifeandtimesofnoveltyboy.blogspot.co.uk/
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 5:53 pm

Anyone seen the potential that 9th could be out as early as next month, this could cause the campaign some issues unless we finish it on 8th rules but then puts back the learning of 9th for friendly games as we still have a ways to go with campaign yet.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 1:43 am

It wasn't a choice Jason, he picked a unit then rolled... if he'd rolled devastating charge he'd have been quids in. Instead, he got something useless. But it does now count as a Regiment of Reknown that he has to include in that army until such time as he loses the regiment. Price of winning too many games, your list get's choked up with regiments of reknown and you become more predictable for your opponents...
Back to top Go down
Jcking83

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 12:16 am

Oh right, fair enough.
When assigning Banners to RoR, do we have to still stick to the points limit on unit banners?
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 5:20 am

you can only assign them banners when you roll that result and the roll includes a banner cost value. as soon as they become a ror for any reason they cant be modified except by further ror results
Back to top Go down
spitfire

spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 5:50 am

I will be using the 400 points gained for the dp against Jason this tuesday
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 8:13 am

In answer to Jasons question, yes it effectively has a cost of free (within the limit allowed by the dice roll) so yes we shall allow a unit that is allowed a 25 point banner to take a better banner if they should roll one. Otherwise the same argument would say that our characters cannot collect too much glitter of gold - they'd still be stuck to the same old 50/100 points of magic items limits.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 8:14 am

And depends on how big a change 9th is... I think we could easily add End Times rules into the campaign without too much kerfuffle, if 9th was as simple then it'd be an easy one to do immediately.
Back to top Go down
Jcking83

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 7:49 am

Cool, I've assigned a War Banner to my Corsairs in Cruelwhip's army, due to them being awesome against Rob last time - especially the Champion cutting down a Chaos Warrior in a challenge! Also, using 300pts against Stephen's army in week 2.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 11:26 pm

Right, results from the last of Autumns games.

SOW
Roughguts SOW4 unit of 3 Demigryph Knights Full COmmand receive a 20pt magic banner
Rich F SOW3 extra 200pts this army next time (whichever army was due to face scott)
Rob SOW5 (the game vs Jason) Pick a unit from the victorious army. It gets a roll on the table. We already did the roll, which was witnessed, but as you're supposed to pick a unit first please do so, then i'll tell you which result was rolled.
Stephen Dragonlord SOW3 extra 100pts this army next time

ID
Scraag ID6 This army has hatred Empire next time it faces them
Scott Dragonlord ID1 Dwarves cause fear in this army next game
Jason (Beastmaster) ID1 All Chaos Warriors cause fear next game this army fights them
Jason (level 4) ID6 This army has hatred High Elves next game against them

Injuries
Scraag Inj3,1 In a coma, misses next game
Scott Dragonlord 1,4 -1S permanently

In the expeditionary phase a few mines and special features changed hands, whilst a few passed their defence rolls. Most importantly (in my eyes anyway) I stole Stormhenge from Rob, and it's now the end of the season. So, I will happily pay anyone a relic for any captured characters they may have cluttering up their dungeons. Stephen, as discussed I am open to bribery for the safe release of your character, but as your attitude seemed to be a bit Ivan Drago-ish in nature (If he dies, he dies - and anyone who needs that explanation don't tell me otherwise we can no longer be friends Razz ) I'll assume it will be safe for me to chop him into little tiny pieces at some point in the not too distant future.

As for the end of season game, the nature of the fragile alliances last time did scupper things a bit for the evil side. Now I do think the fragile alliance rules reflect the duplicitous nature of Dark Elves and Skaven, so I don't want to take them out completely... however, some toning down is required. So, the following alterations will be made to the alliance rules for the end of season game.

1. Ogres count as evil. Having a mixed faction alliance immediately starts you one step down the chain, so let's rectify that. With Ogres counting as forces of disorder rather than neutral, you start as a trusted alliance, same as the good guys.
2. Each individual player will roll for their alliances as expected, but a failure won't be cumulative. So if Jason fails he'll drop down one level with everyone else, if Rob also fails he'll also drop down one level with everyone else. Now as the rules stand that should leave Neil and Scott as trusted, Rob and Jason as suspicious allies with the rest, but the relationship between Rob and Jason would fuck over the entire team come the magic phase. By having it not be cumulative, both Rob and Jason would be seen as slightly iffy, but they wouldn't hate each other, so the team could still cooperate for a bit longer.
3. Only if the same player fails the fragile alliance test twice will the relationship drop to the lowest level.
4. And just to give an extra helping hand, the evil side is immune to fragility on turn 1. This means that the earliest things could possibly go to pot is turn 3, by the averages you're looking turn 4/5, and to be honest I expect the game will be practically over by then anyway, apoc style games usually have a low turn count.

I'm planning to run the end of season game on the 5th of October, so pencil it into your diaries. I'm going to see if I can get the club room for the game, but I do have a plan B if they have their Bingo night - I can simply borrow some tables and scenery and play the game at my house. The living room can fit a 6x4 table without even moving the furniture, if I move the couch out of the centre of the room a 6x6 table should be a doddle.

And finally, what is peoples opinion on incorporating the End Times rules into the campaign? Having looked at it, it will be easy enough to do without disrupting the campaign. Most of the characters are Undead, and with no Undead armies in play it won't make too much difference to them. Really it's just the 50% allowance on characters (though we still have the same Core/Special/Rare allowances as before so this won't fracture anyones army - if it fits into the current army list, it will still be legal under endtimes) and the Lore of Undeath, which is open to everyone. Now that would give more options to people who have the Undead models available to summon, such as myself, though I'm also not averse to loaning models out as Jason can attest (though in this case I'd probably do it on a week by week basis so I could retain the option too) I can easily come up with some background fluff that incorporates it into the timeline... in fact with the kicking the Badlands gets in Endtimes that flying fortress may become less of a strategic tool and more of a lifeboat to get the hell outta there Razz

Anyway, your thoughts on any of the above would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
spitfire

spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 8:49 am

Hi Ian

my w.o.c unit with brown cloaks in the dp army is the unit I pick.

Quick question how did I loose stormhenge, if It was a dice role do I not get the opportunity to chuck relics at it?

also sorry to put a spanner in the works but I cant do the 5th October
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 5:06 am

Your WoC unit with brown cloaks (let me know how many they are as the unit cannot change in size) is now a Stubborn Regiment of Reknown.

It was a dice roll, but as it borders my territory and is nowhere near your stuff you were on a 7+ (or a flat 6) I asked your ally what he would like to do and he felt that you wouldn't want to throw the relics at such a long shot anyway. However I do recall the dice result he rolled, if you would like to offer a bribe of relics I will accept it. Tell me how many you would like to bribe with, and I shall let you know if you have thrown enough at it to retain it. A flat 1 always fails, a flat 6 always succeeds (but you can already tell Neil didn't roll a 6)

As for the 5th, ah. Bugger. That was the best I had based on the people that were there on Tuesday. Stephen can't do the 28th, plus it's a bit short notice now, IF we could have done 28th I should have asked for it last Tuesday. Stephen has the same issue with the 12th. I can't do the 19th or 26th, the 1st November is payday weekend and kids half term so I've no chance of getting it off... and the later we do this the further we're pushing back the final part of the campaign.

I could maybe *try* to squeeze the game into a Tuesday evening... it might end up being a two or three turn game though. And I would NEED everyone there at 7, looking to start gaming by half past, with only 4 playtime hours so we have time to pack up at the end. Obviously I would also require all lists to be written in advance etc... AND of course we have the same issue of can we all make the same Tuesday? Within the next few weeks?

What are peoples availability on Tuesdays in the coming weeks? Can we get a date we could ALL potentially do? Or do you think Tuesday is a bad idea?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 7:59 am

Though here's an idea... sometime soonish there is a Tuesday where we can't have the club... I can't remember exactly when I told Dave to tell me closer the time. I can check when that is. IF that is a date that suits us for the big game, then play at mine - I can set things up earlier, people can get down earlier (if possible) we can stay later (if necessary though not preferred) and we don't have to worry too much about finishing the game with time to pack up cos I can pack things up at my leisure, it's my house. I'll check next week, it's a possibility if the date fits, but for now let's stick with the original questions... who can do when?
Back to top Go down
spitfire

spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 3:21 am

Ian there are 15 in the squad

sunday the 5th is the only issue for me
Back to top Go down
spitfire

spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 3:22 am

oh and as for the henge, ill keep my relics, just wondered how I lost it really
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 10:26 am

Just a simple fortification save cos one of my armies was sat on it, Neil rolled a 2 so you'd have had to have given me 5 of your 8 relics to save it. Neil thought about chucking a couple at it, but didn't want to throw your relics away on it as it wasn't a mine (which is what most people care about in this campaign thus far) Probably best he didn't, as unless he went big they'd have been wasted really.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 1:47 am

Right, checked with the club, the week we can't have the room is the 11th November... I don't want our big game to wait that long.

If we pencilled in Tuesday 14th October as being the night we play the campaign game, can we all be there? I would want ALL lists written in advance, and everyone ready to deploy by 1930. That first half hour will be for me to set up the table and even better, people to put their units on movement trays for ease of deployment. We would hopefully start our game by 2000, with the plan being that when 2300 arrives, we finish the turn we are on and that is it. This will involve some clock watching to give people fair warning that this could well be the last turn. This should give us time to finish he turn, pack everything up and still be out by midnight.

I would then look to re-establish the campaign map on Tuesday 21st October, with games played on 28th Oct/4th November for week 1. We'd then miss a week at club, and play our games on 18th and 25th November. Week 3 would be 2nd and 9th December. The final campaign week would be 16th and 23rd December. I would then look to do the big finale game in early January, as I expect over Christmas people will have other commitments.

How does this suit everyone? In particular, the Autumn big game on 14th October? I'm not sure what else we can do if it doesn't suit people if I'm honest, but let me know any objections now.

And finally, I've not had any response to incorporating the End Times rules into the final season of our campaign. From a fluff point of view I could easily write it in, the main characters won't matter all that much as we've already got our armies and characters, the only thing we'd be doing is adding a Lore and increasing the characters allowance to 50%. What do people think about that? I'm all for it as I think it could be fun, and if this is the way fantasy is going I want to start getting used to the idea. But if people don't want me to disrupt the current campaign I shall understand. State your case here, as right now the "ayes" are winning 1 vote to 0, and voting will be open until the 21st October.

Give me some feedback people.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 10:33 am

Quick update to the Autumn finale. Good team won. We'll dole out the winnings next week. Jason nicked the tower, despite being on the losing side. And while there were many heroes and regiments running around, very few died. Robs 15 warriors lost their magic banner, meaning they are a mundane unit once again (and no longer compulsory if that helps) And the ONLY character to die in the ENTIRE game was Neils level 4, killed by the miscast from Rob. So we'll do his injury roll next week too, along with everyones relic rolls and other end/start of season stuff.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 10:50 am

Update ready for Winter

Relics

Rich F - 42
Scott - 29
Ginge - 22
Rich H - 20
Stephen - 14
Jason - 11
Rob - 8
Neil - 4

That reckless move at the end of the autumn game may have cost me - it seems that everyone who took part gains D3 relics, but anyone in control of a fulcrum at the end of the game gains D6 instead. Meaning I am rolling a measly D3, whilst all the other good players roll D6. Jason does however get a D6 for his surviving wizard, though Robs Daemon Prince copping a wobble and jumping off the fulcrum in the final act leaves him on a D3 as well. Neil gets D3 despite his mage being killed by his teammates.

Jason gets the Gatehouse to place in any non-capitol tile in his Empire.

The players on the winning side share out the other 4 items. It doesn't say how. I guess roll off?

In other news...

Still in custody
Jasons level 4 was Captured by Rich H.
Scotts Pegasus guy was captured by Rich F
Stephen Dragonlord captured by Ginge

Anyone else holding anyone I don't know about?

And while we're on the subject of hostages, who wants to sell me theirs? I'll pay one relic per hostage. It's a buyers market Wink
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 10:52 pm

Oh, and I have made a decision regarding End Times - as no one has chipped into the debate, I have decided that I SHALL be adding End Times to the Winter Campaign Season. What decided it for me? The scenario we just played was called Geheimnisnacht. The Night of Mysteries. Winters Eve. Twilights Tide. The night when Morrslieb hangs full. And all this sounded familiar somehow... more recent than the last time we did the campaign. And then I realised. In the End Times, Geheimnisnacht is the night Nagash is raised. So it all ties in beautifully.

I shall incorporate the rules, and I'll write some background fluff to tie it in nicely by next week. Basically it gives everyone an extra lore of magic and the option to spend up to 50% of their allowance on Lords/Heroes instead of the usual 25%. You must have 3 units in your army other than characters, and still have the 25%+ core. Other than the increase on Lords/Heroes there's no real difference to the armies.

As for the extra lore, EVERY wizard now has that lore IN ADDITION TO whatever lore their army list gives them. You can choose which lore to roll your spells on at the start of each game.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 10:58 pm

Oh, and so you're all aware, I missed a page from the campaign pack that had a lot of background but one key box of info. I'll type the info here.

At the end of winter, we add up our relics. We get a bonus one relic for every city, fortress, mine or special feature we control. The special features won as rewards for campaign big games are worth more. Then we have our deployment order.

This could put Stephens 5th spot in a precarious position as the chasing pack have far more land than he has. It also sets Scott and Rich F up as runaway leaders as things stand, though which of them takes the top spot is still very much open to debate...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Back to the Badlands
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next