Hammer N Ales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer N Ales Portsmouth is a wargaming group based in Portsmouth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Back to the Badlands

Go down 
+3
Noveltyboy
spitfire
Admin
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

Back to the Badlands - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:56 pm

Erm I have 2 relics. One from the mines roll of 6 and one from sow roll of 6 this week.

Steves dispel fiasco I dont mine him changing.
Back to top Go down
http://thelifeandtimesofnoveltyboy.blogspot.co.uk/
Richard F

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 3:48 am

I'm happy for him to take the dispel scroll off the character.

The condition of this though, is that when he plays Scott he takes revenge for all my poor elves that died in those mines! Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Jcking83

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:11 am

Im happy for him to take the dispel scroll off too.
Also, what armies am I playing against Rich H and Ginge? The cavalry banner is my Lord and he infantry banner with 2 skulls on it is my sorceress.....
Back to top Go down
spitfire

spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:42 pm

Happy for Steve to change
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:00 pm

I think the banner on my Carnosaur lord was the big one leaning to the side so probably your lord
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:37 am

Might I recommend, that Scott and Stephen play their game this week... Stephen has played Neil the last two weeks, may be getting tired of it and fancy a change. Plus any game involving Neil is usually a quick one so be good to have that on the second week when we have campaign map stuff to worry about too...
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Week 3 updates   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 1:15 am

So challenge wise we have.

Steve vs Jason - Handmaiden and Level 4 mage (SOM)
Neil vs Ginge - Skragg vs Sir Ulric
Scott vs Rich H - Level 4 mage vs Fire Slann (SOM)
Rich H vs Rich F - Fire Slaan vs Rune Priest (Spacewolves are just Dwarves with Power Armour on?) (SOM)
Rob vs Steve - Handmaiden vs TBC from Rob (asap for Steves benefit please)

Post/pre game stuff.

Jason - 300pts for his Level 4 mage vs Steve.
Lord army has SOW 1
Level 4 mage suffered ID 5
Jason lost Chillblade I don't know which army from though.

Neil - 150pts for Skragg

Rich H - 350pts for Fire Slaan vs Scott
+1 Relic and Ruby Chalice
Ethereal Slaan got +1T (thanks Rich F)
Old Blood captured by Jason and his army had half strength skink unit (7) next game

Ginge - Monk SOW 2
Ulric SOW 4 (60pts)

Scott - Level 4 Mage SOW 3 (100pts)

Rob - Daemon Prince is now -1T (thanks Rich F) and ID 5

Rich F - Rune Priest SOW 6 (+1 Relic and 30pts)
+1 Relic and 60pt item
+1 Relic and Chalice of Sorcery (apparently a Chalice salesman was in town and tricked the Dwarves)

Steve - Dragon Lord army half strength Silver Helms next game (3) and Lord is now Stupid (haha)
Handmaiden ID 5 and she is -1S next game.

Random map events.
Steve - 56 - Jason
Rob - 43
Rich H - 23
Neil - 45
Jason - 44
Rich F - ? - +2 Relics
Ginge 66
Scott - ? - Removed Steves flag

Don't know Relic totals but I know I have 3 and Rich F gained 4 this week alone.

I will ask Ginge to make this stuff clearer if I have to do this again as it's like trying to decipher a goats dribble in a tea cup.
Back to top Go down
spitfire

spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 6:56 am

@rich hall is steve attacking me hence I can pick how I defend? If so I'll pick the lord on Juggernaut army
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 9:53 am

I cant remember the exact situation but I think it might even be for neils territory or an attack neil couldn't do so your doing for him
Back to top Go down
spitfire

spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 7:20 pm

I'll stick with the juggernaught army then
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 10:58 pm

Summer Campaign begins.

Okay, having combined several weeks worth of scratchy notes, I believe this is the standing so far. I am not going to include any army size increases (as these were noted week on week and presumably used up in games) likewise any bonus items I have left unmentioned (as these are usually spent quickly and I don't want to accidentally give someone a 60 point item twice) This will just be a total of Relics, Character injuries (that are not one week only, unless they were scored in the last week) and the results of the siege of Eklund.

Relics

Rich F - 11
Rich H - 6
Scott - 5
Rob - 5
Jason - 4
Neil - 4
Ginge - 4
Stephen - 3

So in relics we have one runaway leader at the moment, but the rest of the pack is clustered nicely together, meaning no one should get disheartened.

Character Injuries

Sir Ulric got Immune to Psychology
Robs Giantslayer lost the sword of bloodshed (pretty sure he's written this down already)
Stephens Handmaiden is +1T permanently
One of Jasons characters gained Stubborn, permanently (not sure which one, it was the game he missed)
Rich H slaan lost the book of Ashur. He is now expecting a severe reprimand from Tzzuckichi Giles, the Lustrian Librarian
Rich F Runelord lost a Rune of Power to Rich H, who has since traded it to Jason for a captured Oldblood.
Neils Tyrant has lost his Talisman of Preservation
Robs character that did so well slaughtering Rich Halls castle defenders lost his magic shield in his exuberance
Scotts character at the siege of Eklund was captured by Rich F
Neils character from the Siege debacle is at -1WS and -1BS next game
Stephen got +1Str to his handmaiden, permanently. She's getting a bit ard this bitch is...

Rich F won the Mount Bloodhorn tile. Again. Seriously he is the American of that particular scenario, shows up late if at all and claims all the glory...
Ginge got to add Icon of the Seigebreaker to his armoury
Rich H got to add the Banner of Mount Bloodhorn to his armoury
Stephen got to add the Shield of Ekrund to his armoury.

Any prize items added to your armoury are effectively magic items that can be taken by any character with a cost of "free" They can be issued to a single named character in the same way as any other item, or they can be checked out by several individuals (like a dispell scroll) Personally I think it's good to keep them for when you get one of those crap glitter rolls where you can have a 10 point item... not so bad when you've got one of these bad boys sitting there  Very Happy 

Tonight we shall be placing armies, making random rolls, mine rolls, moving armies and picking fights. There will be NO campaign games tonight... the summer campaign effectively starts next week, in May. How apt.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:53 pm

ok, so here are the rolls and battle we lined up Tuesday...

Random Events (I won't record anything that has already passed, such as moving enemy armies or moving the fortress again etc)

Rich H - Carnosaur Army - SOW2 Elite Army
Jason - Random 45 - Pick Scenario and (if applicable) who goes first or second. If the scenario dictates who goes first then you don't get to alter it.
Neil can make Scott reroll his character injuries this turn
Scott has +1 to his fortification saves this turn
Ulrics Hammers are Immune to Psychology

Mines
Neil +200 points Scraags army
Scott +150 points Dragon army vs Stephen
Scott +50 points Morathi Army
Ginge +300 Points Pontius Pillock vs Scott (Also just checked, Pontius Pillock still has a spoils of war result from last time, Elite Army - so 75% can be special and 50% can be rare. Still got the 25% Core minimum and my characters so can't see it making all that much difference to be honest...)
Rob +250 points to be assigned (possibly against Rich H)
Rob +1 Relic and Random Magic Item 46 The Hoarfrost Banner
Rich F +1 Relic +50 point item
Rich F +1 Relic +60 point item
Rich F +200 points to one army to be determined
Rich F +1 Relic +50 point item

Battles
Stephen (Arnor) challenges Scott (Dragon) for Scotts Mine [week 1]
Rob (2 Skull) challenges Rich H (Ethereal) for Skaven Location [either week]
Jason (Mage) challenges Neil (Scraag) for Ginges Wizards tower (Loremaster game) [week 1]
Neil (level 4) challenges Jason (Beastmaster) for Jasons empty tile [week 2]
Scott (Dragon) challenges Ginge (Pontius Pillock) for Scotts mine he nicked off Ginge last turn [week 2]

Rob can accept a second game if he wants to fight Rich H again

Relics

Rich F - 14
Rob - 6
Rich H - 6
Scott - 5
Ginge - 4
Neil - 4
Jason - 4
Stephen - 3
Back to top Go down
Jcking83

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptySun May 04, 2014 1:53 am

Do I have to tell Neil the scenario we are playing ahead of time, or on the night?

Also, I believe it was a Rune of Spelleating that Rich H traded in his Saurion Lord for, just for clarity's sake.
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:54 am

it was Jason there was some confusion as Rich F couldn't remember name so I wrote down what it did then he said he thought was the master rune of balance so I wrote that under it but I wrote what it did first so that's defo the one.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 10:21 pm

Jason you can tell Neil the scenario on the night. Same thing he did against me, but given he knew he was facing my cavalry army I had a sneaky suspicion he would pick the Watchtower... which he duly did. That's not a great one to face Ogres on if I'm honest...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 11:09 am

Random Events (I won't record anything that has already passed, such as moving enemy armies or moving the fortress again etc I also won't record relics, as they are added to an ongoing tally)

Please guys, anything with TBD (To Be Determined) is stuff we didn't have time to faff around thinking about so just made a note and move on... please comment or message me so I can update this information sometime in the next 6 days)

Results from previous games

Spoils of War

Scott (Dragon army) SOW3 - 50 extra points next game
Rob (2 Skull) SOW5 - 60pt Banner on unit of 15 Chaos Warriors
Neil (Scraag) SOW3 - 300 extra points next game
Neil (Level 4) SOW1 - All Jasons armies have Hatred against this army

Ignominious Defeats

Stephen (Arnor) ID1 All Dark Elves cause Fear in this army next game they play against that race
Rich H (Ethereal) ID2 - Bastilidon must be paid for but not used
Jason (Mage) ID5 - if this army has a regiment of reknown, it must lose it's Valorous deed/Proud Standard
Jason (Beastmaster) ID6 - This army has Hatred against Ogres in it's next game against that race.

Injuries

Jason (Mage) I3 - -1WS and BS next game
Jason (Beastmaster) -1M to character permanently (he's mounted so won't effect him unless his Manticore is shot from under him)
Scott (Dragon) - DEAD. First to die this campaign, he is buried with full military honours with all his possessions... or possibly left to rot in a ditch whilst vultures peck out his eyes. Either way, any and all magic items the character had are permanently LOST and cannot be taken again, unless you successfully steal a copy off another player. Good luck with that. In the meantime, make a new character to lead this army.

Random Events

Rob - 62 - 200 extra points on 3 skull
Rich H - An army of his choosing (TBD) is 25% larger than his opponents
Scott - 62 - Dragon army SOW2 Elite Army
Neil - 51 - Siege force - automatically captures the tile if he wins a battle this turn.

Mines

Scott 300pts to an army (TBD)
Scott 200pts to an army (TBD)
Scott +40pt item
Neil +Random Weapon 33 each wound is D3 wounds
Neil +100pts to an army (TBD)
Ginge +Random Talisman 22 4+ ward for one turn only
Ginge +200pts to an army (TBD)
Ginge +Random Standard 16 +1Ld
Ginge +50pts to an army (TBD)
Jason +60pt item
Rich F +60pt item
Rich F +150pts to an army (TBD)
Rich F +50pt item

Battles Arranged

Week 1

Stephen (Arnor) started a bundle, facing Scott (morathi) Rich F (3 Shells) and Neil (Scraag) in a Triumph and Treachery game (As this was the first challenge issued, Steve being the smallest Empire, ALL players had to accept the challenge. I will have a look at the rules for Triumph and Treachery and open a new topic for any questions you may have, including a ruling on whether the extra points for an army are allowed in a TnT game (or will this potentially make an already complicated game too difficult to run. So don't commit your extra points just yet...)

Rich H (Fire Slaan) challenges Jason (General) for Jasons mine

Week 2

Scott (the captured level 4s army) faces Stephen (Handmaiden) for Scotts Wizards tower (Loremaster game)
Neil (level 4) faces Ginge (Ulric) for Neils mine
Rob (either 2 skull or Yellow Star) faces Rich H (Carnosaur) *Richs army is 25% larger than whatever Rob brings, so Rob probably not worth you bringing anything that can have extra points, as you'll just be feeding the beast... save them for a game against someone you will have an advantage over)

Any Given Sunday

Neil (Tyrant) vs Rich H (Ethereal Slaan) for the tile formerly known as pri... Mine.

Relics total

Rich F - 16
Scott - 8
Rob - 6
Rich H - 6
Stephen - 6
Ginge - 5
Neil - 5
Jason - 5
Back to top Go down
Skrag

Skrag

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptySun May 18, 2014 11:47 pm

Hi I'll be using my extra 100pts against Ginge for my second game not for the TnT game.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 8:53 am

I'll be putting my 200 point bonus onto Ulric (vs Neil) and I'll put the 50 on Roughguts (he already has a +150 on him I think, so it'll be a bit more useful for his next game than a simple extra 50...)
Back to top Go down
Skrag

Skrag

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 10:25 pm

Just putting up an update on my characters.

Lvl Mage Fine.
Skrag Fine.
Tyrant Lost Talisman of Preservation.

Additional

Bruiser with the Daemon Blade is Assigned to my Lvl 4 Mage.
Bruiser with Bone Blade is assigned to my Tyrant.
Back to top Go down
Jcking83

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptyTue May 20, 2014 5:25 am

Here is an update for my characters:

Katayed Shadowfall (Level 4 mage) is Stubborn and has -1WS and BS next game
Cruelwhip (Beastmaster) has -1M permanently, thanks to catching an Ogre cannonball in the crotch!
Kaeleth Flayheart (Lord) has just found a Cloak of Twilight! (my free 60 point item)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:44 am

The knights had run amok through the enemy lines and barely been unhorsed in return. It was a good day for Sir Ulric. He sat in his tent and regarded his captive. Whilst the army would be moving on and not retaining the ground won (not after seeing the state of it after the ogres had been there) they had at least been given some useful relics to encourage them to keep heading west. But what to do with the captive.

There were some intense negotiations. There were grunts, belchs, chest slaps and flatulence. The Ogre Slaughtermaster replied in much the same manner. In the end, he had his freedom. The chatter around court is that with the rest of the Ogre armies leadership comatose after the kicking they've had from almost every angle this week, Sir Ulric had released the mage on compassionate grounds. He had however, demanded a trophy... A large dragon skin the ogres had somehow managed to come by...

Or, in plain English, I have released Neils level 4 mage. In return, the Dragonhide Banner is now no longer available to Neils armies, it is now available to mine. This is a 50 pt banner that gives the unit rerolls of 1s on To Hit, To Wound, and Armour saves if it completes a successful charge. It also gives the bearer a str 3 breath weapon that will give any unit hit by it Always Strikes Last next turn.

Random Events (I won't record anything that has already passed, such as moving enemy armies or moving the fortress again etc I also won't record relics, as they are added to an ongoing tally)

Please guys, anything with TBD (To Be Determined) is stuff we didn't have time to faff around thinking about so just made a note and move on... please comment or message me so I can update this information sometime in the next 6 days)

Results from previous games

Spoils of War

Rob (2 Skull) SOW5 - 60pt Banner on unit of 15 Chaos Warriors
Neil (Level 4) SOW1 - All Jasons armies have Hatred against this army

Ignominious Defeats

Jason (Mage) ID5 - if this army has a regiment of reknown, it must lose it's Valorous deed/Proud Standard
Jason (Beastmaster) ID6 - This army has Hatred against Ogres in it's next game against that race.

Injuries

Jason (Mage) I3 - -1WS and BS next game
Jason (Beastmaster) -1M to character permanently (he's mounted so won't effect him unless his Manticore is shot from under him)

Results from this weeks games

Spoils of War

Rich H (vs Jason) +30pt item
Rich H (vs Neil) +20pt item
Rich H (vs Rob) 5 RoR 30 Saurus Warriors cause Fear (in the monster heavy army I believe he said)
Scott (Morathi) RoR 20 Witch Elves have Devastating Charge
Scott (Captured General) RoR 20 Black Guard gain 30pt banner
Ginge (Ulric) Ogres have hatred next time they fight this army

Ignominious Defeats

Jason (vs Rich H) 3 - pick a unit from that battle, it fights at half strength next game
Stephen (Handmaiden) 6 Next game against Dark Elves you hate them
Stephen (TnT general) The Bolt Thrower has stupidity for its next battle
Rich F (Grim Master Engineering Guy) Next time you fight Dark Elves you fear them
Neil (Scraag) Next time you fight Dark Elves you fear them
Neil level 4 mage) Next time you fight Empire you fear them
Neil (Tyrant) Next time you fight Lizards you fear them (cowardly ogres...)
Rob (Daemon Prince army) Next time you fight Lizards you hate them.

Injuries

Jason (vs Rich H) Serious Injury, -1M permanently
Neil (Scraag) 3 may not be used next game
Neil (tyrant) 3 may not be used next game
Neil (level 4) Captured by Ginge, traded back for Dragonhide Banner
Neil (Bruiser with Daemonsword) lost the daemonsword. Sadly Ginge couldn't find it either...
Neil (Bruiser with Bonesword) Heroic Escape - +1W permanently
Stephen (Handmaiden) Immune to Psychology (Bitch get's better YET again!)
Rob (Daemon Prince) -1M permanently
Scott (Morathi) Heroic Escape +1WS permanently
Rich F (Grim Master Engineering Guy) lost one random magic item (rune)

Random Events

Stephen 43 can redeploy units and has +1 to go first next game
Neil 56 can make Scott reroll character injuries this turn
Rob 56 can make Rich F reroll character injuries this turn
Rich F 46 25% larger army than your opponents in his NEXT game

Mines

Neil +250pts troops to an army (TBD)
Neil +300pts to an army (TBD)

Scott +60pt item
Scott +60pt item

Rich H +200pts to an army (TBD)
Rich H +150pts to an army (TBD)
Rich H +100pts to an army (TBD)

Rich F +150pts to an army (TBD)
Rich F +200pts to an army (TBD)
Rich F +300pts to an army (TBD)

Ginge +250pts to an army (Pontius Pillock)
Ginge +20pt item (TBD)
Ginge +40pt item (Use this to Give Pontius Pillock the fencers blades)
Ginge +Random Magic Weapon 41 Heartseeker (added to Armoury)
Ginge +Random Enchanted Item 52 Amber Amulet (added to Pontius Pillock)

Battles (Dates TBD)

Stephen (Handmaide, no doubt hoping to get "injured" again) vs Scott (Dragon army) in a SOM Loremaster game for my wizards tower
Rich H (Ethereal) vs Rop (daemon prince) for Rich H mine
Ginge (Pontius) vs Jason (the army with the skewed banner) normal game for nowhere special

Jason can, if he so chooses, issue a challenge to Rob (straight thin banner vs 3-skull) Neither player is obliged to this game as they both have prior games lined up.

Rich F again gets stuck in the cold as people are trying to avoid fighting him... especially with those points building up.

Relics

Rich F - 17
Ginge - 11
Scott - 10
Rich H - 9
Rob - 6
Stephen - 6
Jason - 5
Neil - 3

With Rich F only gaining 1 relic this week, whilst Rich Hs spoils gifted him 3 and Ginge had a tremendous week mining 4 and being bribed by another 2, the field is starting to close on top spot a little. And as disheartened as Stephen may be about his ever diminishing territory, he still isn't coming last. And every game he loses, his Handmaiden gets harder. By the time this campaign ends she'll have spent more time in captivity than Nelson Mandella, yet is gonna come out of it festooned with goodies, skills and muscle...

Anyway, assign what you need to assign, and arrange with people when you want your games to be.
Back to top Go down
Jcking83

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:02 am

Ginge, is my "skewed" banner the broken infantry one?

Also, during my game against Rich H I believe I wiped out his Regiment of Reknown with the Banner that grants Devastating Charge - does that mean he loses it?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 10:57 am

If a unit is a Regiment of Reknown because of a Beneath a Proud Standard victory roll, then it does say if the banner is ever lost in battle then it is scrubbed off the list and is gone. However, the banner of devastating charge was a prize from the Mount Bloodhorn scenario that is added to his armoury - therefore it is not equipped in the same manner, unless he wishes to use a BPS roll to equip it as such - but given it has a cost of "free" that's a pretty silly way of doing it... the whole point of BPS is it lets you get a banner that you'd normally have to pay for, for free... taking a free banner seems counter-productive.

You have three banners. The large flag one. And two thin infantry banners. One of those is stood straight up, the other is at an angle. I don't know if it's angled by breakage or design. But it's the angled one that you're fighting with.
Back to top Go down
Skrag

Skrag

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 6:31 am

This is a question for the admin my Runemaw Banner says that a units that is targeted by a spell can ignore it on a roll of 2+ does this include lore of death spells for example that target certain models not the unit in general or because the model is in the unit he is protected by the banner me and Rich H had a chat and we were not to sure what do u think?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 9:18 pm

I'll have to have a look at the way it is written in the book... don't suppose you've tried checking the FAQ already have you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Back to the Badlands
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next