Hammer N Ales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammer N Ales Portsmouth is a wargaming group based in Portsmouth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Back to the Badlands

Go down 
+3
Noveltyboy
spitfire
Admin
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

Back to the Badlands - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 8:49 am

We checked the wording seems a bit grey. Im using all my points vs rob am prob gona need em with him havin hatred vs me.
Back to top Go down
http://thelifeandtimesofnoveltyboy.blogspot.co.uk/
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 9:20 pm

Guys, the summer campaign game is approaching, and as people find it harder to make it down on Sundays than regular club nights, I was considering playing the summer campaign finale on a Tuesday... or two, to be more accurate.

The way the summer game works is you fight one battle then the survivors fight a second. Obviously last time we did it on a sunday and moved from one battlefield to the next. I was thinking this time we may simply record everyones survivors on their army list, which will be kept in the character info box, then the following week we fight the second half. We'll have to note down everything - which spells we rolled, which dispel scrolls have been used, who has been wounded, which units have lost their standards, which units are effected by the Marshes of Madness... but it should all be possible.

I was thinking of doing it after the final campaign week of "summer" meaning it would be fought on the 1st and 8th July. I could maybe push this back by one week if people have particular objections to those dates. We would then look to re-establish the map the following week, the 15th July (or potentially 22nd) for the first "Autumn" games to take place on the 22nd July (or potentially 29th)

So, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
https://hammernales.forumotion.co.uk
spitfire

spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 5:21 pm

sounds good to me! Very Happy, I would find Sundays difficult at the moment
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 6:03 am

If it helps go for it and over two Tuesdays I dont mind either way.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 11:36 am

They broke the wheels off his chariot, Now they've made him mad.

So, this weeks rolls in full...

SOW

Ginge Pontius 2 Elite Army
Rich H Ethereal 5 30 Saurus RoR now Stubborn
Scott Dragon 3 +300pts on army

ID

Jason Beastmaster 4 5 Cold One Knights have Stupidity... well duh. THey HAVE to be included next game
Rob DP 3 5 Juggernaughts only 3 can be used (5 paid for though)
Stephen Handmaiden 4 30 Spearmen have stupidity

Injuries

Jason Beastmaster -1M. Again
Ginge Pontius gains Frenzy. Permanently.
Rob DP -1T next game
Stephen Handmaiden -1T next game

Random Events

Rich F gains a 60pt banner to add to a unit
Jason gains a 40 pt banner to add to a unit
Stephen rolls 42 Dawn Attack (see campaign pack for details)

Battles

Stephen Loremaster vs Ginge Ulric
Rich H ethereal vs Jason Level 4
Neil Scraag (Coma) vs Rich F Melee

Neil and RIch F *might* play a siege game for Mount Bloddhorn, Tyrant (coma) vs Anti-magic

Mines

Rich H
+250 pts Carnosaur
Arcane Item 24 Sigil of Power
+300 pts Ethereal (vs Jason)

Ginge
+50pt item (giving Roughguts Talisman of Preservation)
+ Magic Weapon 36 Sword of Justice
+100 pts Roughguts
+40 pt item (not sure yet...)

Rich F
Talisman 61 Abyssal Charm
+100 pts
+30pt item
Magic WEapon 66

Neil
Magic WEapon 45 Sword of Heroes
+50pt item
+200 pts (Scraag)

Scott
+60pt item
+200 pts
Enchanted Item 43 Naysayers Bane

Relics

Rich F - 25
Ginge - 14
Scott - 12
Rob - 6
Stephen - 6
Jason - 5
Neil - 5
Rich H - 5

So, thanks to Rich H and his suicidal determination to hold on to that mine (for me) he has now dropped to last place. We have a clear leader to be in the castle, and a couple of front runners for who'd like to be at the top table... but who will be joining us on the main battlefield is still anybodys guess, with 5 armies vying for the 2 spots available...

It could all change yet though...
Back to top Go down
ScottW

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 10:36 pm

Bit of a housekeeping update (so I can keep things tracked as much as anything!).

Character injuries
Morathi + 1WS (seems almost getting eating by a dragon has made her look at sharpening her combat skills)
Khalek - Body chucked in a ditch somewhere.. More importantly, the black amulet was lost from his worthless corpse..

Glitter Of Golds:
Motana (captured level 4) : Black Dragon Egg.
Khalek  (dead dreadlord) : Black Amulet
Vorim (Khalek's lieutenant from previous campaign, new dragon rider) : Giant blade and armour of destiny (the two recent 60pts).

40pt item, 60pt item and Naysayers Bane to still allocate out.

Regiments of Renown:
20 Witch elves, full command, devastating charge (Morathi).
20 Black Ark Corsairs, additional hand weapons, full command, free lichebone pennant (Motana)
20 Black Guard, full command, free standard of discipline (Morathi).

Current point bonuses:
Morathi + 300pt next game (from a couple of weeks back when +300 and +200 were rolled, 200pt one has been used).
Vorim (formerly Khalek) + 300pt (last SOW roll).
Motana (or whoever is leading) + 200pt from this week's rolls.

I'll be making another mage to lead the third army. I just need to check the character sheets to check what Motana's starting cost was (think it was 290), to determine if it'll be a level 3 or level 4 in order to fit the 500 point lord cap.
Back to top Go down
ScottW

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 10:46 pm

Admin wrote:
They broke the wheels off his chariot, Now they've made him mad.

So, this weeks rolls in full...

Random Events

Rich F gains a 60pt banner to add to a unit
Jason gains a 40 pt banner to add to a unit
Stephen rolls 42 Dawn Attack (see campaign pack for details)

Mines

Rich F
Talisman 61 Abyssal Charm
+100 pts
+30pt item
Magic WEapon 66

Relics

Rich F - 25
Ginge - 14
Scott - 12
Rob - 6
Stephen - 6
Jason - 5
Neil - 5
Rich H - 5

So, thanks to Rich H and his suicidal determination to hold on to that mine (for me) he has now dropped to last place. We have a clear leader to be in the castle, and a couple of front runners for who'd like to be at the top table... but who will be joining us on the main battlefield is still anybodys guess, with 5 armies vying for the 2 spots available...

It could all change yet though...

So what shenanigans occurred to give Rich F 8 relics this week?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:05 pm

Scott, he got 3 from mine rolls I believe. The other 5 came because Rich H was absolutely determined to hold onto his mine. That I then took the flag of with a random event roll  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 6:29 am

Then it collapsed didnt it?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:25 am

No, got a random magic item and a relic from it. It is however now about to be captured by Rob...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Right, Rich F has just put a post on the Tuesday section of the forum to say he can't be down this week. He has asked if Neil would be interested in playing the game slightly out of sequence. Normally this would not be possible, but as it is an end of season we do have a rare opportunity to do so.

Now given that Mount Bloodhorn is a fortress and you have to win a siege game to be able to attempt to capture a Fortress, it may be up for debate whether the auto win of an absence counts for this rule. If Neil does wish to accept the out of sequence game offer, then this rules query is dodged, for now.

I plan to have the summer game split over the 1st and 8th of July. We shall then look to re-establish the map on the 15th July, with the first campaign game being on the 22nd. This gives Neil and Rich F the opportunity to play their game on the 15th, and have the result added to the map, BEFORE everyone else does the start of Autumn rolls and stuff. In a normal week where we do the "next week" stuff at the end of the night we wouldn't have chance to do this, but on this occasion the chance is there. If Neil wishes to accept the offer. If not, I'll be back to the group asking the aforementioned rules query about whether conceding a game overrules the siege game must be played rule...

In other news, we of course have our big summer game coming up over two weeks. I have checked the campaign pack and it says names are drawn out of a hat at random, so anyone could face anyone, including allies. The background for the campaign says that the marshes are so maddening they can turn friends against each other. Therefore any normal consideration of allies is ignored for this game. Opponents will be selected at random on the day, and are deployed in the order they are selected. So bring balanced armies, and all of you turn up promptly with lists written in advance. The idea is all the games start at the same time and the order in which the games finish determines deployment/turn order for Game 2, so I don't want 25% of the field getting handicapped cos someone forgot to write up a list!

Game size is 2k and you should include one of your Heroes to lead the army, plus any of your regiments of reknown you feel like using. This game has the (admittedly slim) possibility of creating new Regiments of Reknown by sending troops crazy. Any unit created in this way has to be assigned to one of your three regular armies after the game is complete.
Back to top Go down
Noveltyboy

Noveltyboy

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 6:03 am

I know neil wants to play this game but in terms of the auto win I don't see why it shouldn't count or its a cop out way of keeping something you don't want to lose coz you were forced to accept a game.
EXAMPLE: me hitting up your capital, you HAVE to play for whatever reason, I chuck a bonus 500 points at it, you don't think you could win and don't really want to lose your capital so back out of game to keep said capital and have the added advantage of blowing 500 points I could have assigned elsewhere.

hardly seems fair.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 10:02 am

Hmm fair point, though the idea of copping out to avoid losing a tile IS a pretty slim scenario - it has to be a siege tile, so fortress or city, and we seem to spend most of our time trying to nick each others mines... mainly because our own ones keep collapsing and we seem to think one built by someone else may be sturdier somehow.

The floor is still open if anyone else would like to chuck their two pence worth into this one... though if Neil wants to play the game then this ruling doesn't need to be made just yet, we can take the time to debate it further, as if Neil wants to play the game out of sequence then (unless Rich F let's him down again) it won't be an auto lose...
Back to top Go down
Richard F

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 7:44 pm

I agree letting people down sucks and I don't mind taking injury penalties or having a negative effect on keeping the tile, but auto losing a city isn't really fair. It goes against the rules that all city games must be played to take them.

In this specific case I could have just kept refusing the challange if I wanted to keep it and not play (originally I wasn't playing this game if you remember). Plus don't forget I've lost out on a lot of points aswell as I had more then Neil to spend, so there would be no benefit to me doing this as I could have put them elsewhere to. Theres also the fact I want to play the game and have tried to accomodate this as trying to stop a hoard of ogres taking my mine has the Dwarf fluff appeal!

I could list other reasons to and counterpoints, particularly as I'm biased in this case.

If your going to change the rules, then you'd need to go back to the capturing the tile/challanges and allow everyone to take a tile regardless of the game being played or not. We normally have armies on city tiles that aren't played, so they just move off. That kind of defeats the whole tatical element to positioning your armies well.

Currently players are free to pick and chose the fights they want and the rules encourage this, so there would need to be a detriment to not fighting games regardless. Personally if I had an army in my back yard taking my city, I would halt the foward advance and take it back. But as the game is, you just keep moving forward
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 9:27 pm

Also good points raised...

Right, hold fire on further arguments until I have an answer from Neil. Then we can know if this specific case can be ignored and we are just arguing a principle for future reference, or whether we actually have to make a ruling about a specific event too...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:55 am

Right, Neil has agreed to play the game out of sequence, it will be played on the 15th July followed by army placement and movement, picking fights, rolling mines etc for the first campaign week of Autumn.

Thus the argument for whether a missed siege game allows you to get around the "Game must be played to conquer" rule of cities isn't such a pressing issue, we can take the time to debate it at length and come to a consensus decision when NO-ONE has anything riding on it. It will entirely be an argument of principle.

As for the final campaign week of summer (apart from that as yet unplayed game...)

Spoils of War
Scraag SOW6 +1 relic 60pt item
Stephens Loremaster SOW5 (30 Phoenix Guard - now are RoR with Devastating Charge)
Rich H Ethereal SOW4 RoR get 10pt Standard for free (please confirm which unit Rich)

Ignominious Defeats
Rich F ID2 Pick a unit from defeated army cannot fight must be paid for) - the one that was attacking Neils mine
Ulric ID4 (Ulrics Hammers have stupidity next battle)
Jason Level 4 ID6 Hatred Lizards next time he fights them

Character Injuries
Rich F character is in a coma and misses next game
Ulric now has Stubborn
Jasons level 4 was Captured by Rich H. Some bargaining to be done there I guess.

Ulrics army also lost it's regiment of reknown, the Stinking Pig-Dogs. Glad to see the back of that core blocking infantry unit.

In an effort to prevent Stephen from capturing a key mine, Ginge threw 4 relics at him... then duly rolled a 1, meaning he nicked it anyway. Throwing one relic at Scott was enough to bribe his army away (so Dark Elves are easier to bribe than those haughty taughty High Elves, no surprises there) I decided against bribing any of the farther flung mines, yet somehow retained one with a flukey 6. Sorry Rob. I could not repeat the feat against Rich H sadly, but as he was busy nicking one of mine Neil nicked an adjacent one of his, so all feels well with the world really.

Relics

Rich F - 25
Scott - 13
Stephen - 10
Ginge - 9
Rob - 6
Neil - 6
Jason - 5
Rich H - 5

Which nicely puts Rich H in last place. Always good to see fatty bringing up the rear. However with D3 relics available simply for taking part in the summer finale, the bottom 4 places could easily change.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 12:00 pm

Speaking of Summer Finale, that will be played over the weeks 1st and 8th July. Please arrive at the club promptly on the 1st as we will have 4 fantasy games to play simultaneously and we won't want to delay starting the games. Thus I must ask that all of you have your lists written up in advance of the game.

Have a read of the tournament pack for the scenario details, but basically expect there to be lots of marshland. You must bring one of your characters, however it is not a particular army you bring so up to you if any regiments of reknown accompany said character or not. The survivors of the first game will play the following week with whatever they have left - therefore once your game is over the victor must not remove their models from the table (well, they can pack away their dead) until I have had chance to come over and write down exactly what you have remaining. If you finish before I do, this will mean waiting a little. I can't interrupt my game to come check your stuff immediately, as that would delay my game and cause the victor of my game (whether me or my opponent) to be delayed for the second battle, which wouldn't be fair.
Back to top Go down
Jcking83

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 5:10 pm

Sorry guys, what with imminent moving plans happening anytime soon (damn solicitors taking their sweet time) I may not be able to make one or the other Campaign Finale Games - assuming I get through of course!
Is there any way possible we could play it on Sunday, apologies if this causes problems for anyone and I understand if we cannot move it at all.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 6:52 pm

I put the proposal to play the campaign game split over two Tuesdays on the forum a few weeks back, no one raised any objections and it in fact is better for at least two of us for sure. And given that attendance at any Sunday openings we've run has averaged 3/4 when the entire club has been invited, and how many of us we got down for the Sunday games during Crusade of Fire, I'm not planning to run any games on Sunday unless we truly have no alternative... which will be the case for the Autumn and Winter finale games.

If you can make it to the first round, then try. You might not even get through to the second game after all. Plus if we have someone drop out of the second game it'll be easier to cover - we have a three player battle royale instead of a four player one, no biggy.
Back to top Go down
Richard F

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:07 pm

Just to check the coma thing.

Does that mean you pay for the general, but can't use them in the next game or just that you have to make a new one up, but still have all the points.

I'm also assuming that it means Skragg can't be used in our seige game
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:10 pm

Scraags army wasn't at the siege game, he was in the fight for Neils mine, which you already missed, hence why there's a rolled for victory/defeat for that army. But no, Scraag won't be at the siege game. It is the Tyrant army that is at the siege game I believe, who is also in a coma...

Coma means you can't use him next battle. Make up a new character to temporarily lead your army. Far less of an issue to you sodding dwarves with your runes than any of us, who can suddenly find our 4+ ward save is locked away on a sleeping character...
Back to top Go down
Richard F

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 12:11 am

Okidoki

Yeah that is a nice benefit  Very Happy. But then I don't have magic and can't use some of the items, so its not all its cracked up to be!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 11:33 am

So, summer campaign game played and armies lined up, a quick recap on some things...

Spoils of War
Scraag SOW6 +1 relic 60pt item
Stephens Loremaster SOW5 (30 Phoenix Guard - now are RoR with Devastating Charge)
Rich H Ethereal SOW4 RoR get 10pt Standard for free (please confirm which unit Rich)
Rich F needs to roll a Spoil of War for the army that won the siege game against Neil

Ignominious Defeats
Rich F ID2 Pick a unit from defeated army cannot fight must be paid for) - the one that was attacking Neils mine
Ulric ID4 (Ulrics Hammers have stupidity next battle)
Jason Level 4 ID6 Hatred Lizards next time he fights them
Neil needs to roll a Ignominious Defeat roll for the army that lost the siege game against Rich F

Character Injuries
Rich F character is in a coma and misses next game
Ulric now has Stubborn
Jasons level 4 was Captured by Rich H. Some bargaining to be done there I guess.

Ulrics army also lost it's regiment of reknown, the Stinking Pig-Dogs. Glad to see the back of that core blocking infantry unit.

In the big summer game...

Character Injuries
Robs Daemon Prince gained Immune to Psychology, permanently
Jasons character gained +1Strength permanently (rolled in your absence Jason, this was the character from the summer game)
Neils Tyrant is at -1Strength permanently
Scotts level 3 loses a random magic item. No one found it.
Scotts Pegasus guy was captured by Rich F
Rich Fs general gained Stupidity permanently

Prizes (Any magic items are added to your armoury with a cost of Free)
Stephen +2 Relics (given to Rich H as a deal for the magic item) The Crown of Nicodemius the Nonsensical.
Jason +3 Relics
Rich H +1 Relic The Bog Standard
Rob +3 Relics
Ginge +1 Relic
Neil +2 Relics Mad Marsh Waders
Scott +3 Relics
Rich F +3 Relics

Random Events
Steve 45 Pick the scenario and whether to go first or second (unless scenario dictates this)
Jason 31 (fortress moved again)
Rich H 44 Pick whether to go first or second
Rob 61 (+1 Relic and a mine)
Ginge 42 Enemy forces roll a dice and on a 1 start in reserve
Neil 45 Pick the scenario and whether to go first or second (unless scenario dictates this)
Scott 51 If you win you automatically capture the tile
Rich F 24 (Removed Neils Fortress)

Challenges
wk 1 Stephen Dragonlord vs Ginge Sir Ulric for a mine
wk1 Jason Bigflag vs Rich H Fire Slaan siege game for capitol
wk 2 Rich H Ethereal Slaan vs Rob 3 skull
wk 1 Neil Tyrant vs Rich F book
wk 2 Scott Dragonrider vs Stephen Loremaster SOM Loremaster game
wk 2 Rich F 3 shells vs Jason Big Flag Loremaster

Mines (apologies to everyone, I rolled rather well for Rich Fs mines again...)
Stephen +1 Relic +60pt item
Rich H +250pts (TBA)
Rich H +1 Random Magic Weapon 45 Sword of Heroes
Rob +150pts (TBA)
Ginge +250pts (Sir Ulric)
Ginge +250pts (Sir Ulric - he wants revenge for last time Stephen!)
Neil +300pts (Tyrant army)
Neil +1 Relic Random Arcane Item 13 Warding Gem
Neil +300pts (TBA)
Neil +1 Relic Random Magic Standard 41 Banner of Dooooooooooom
Rich F +1 Relic +60pt item
Rich F +1 Relic +60pt item
Rich F +250pts
Rich F +150pts
Scott +300pts (TBA)
Scott +50pts (TBA)
Scott +200pts (TBA)
Scott +1 Relic + Random Magic Standard 44 Banner of Discipline

Relics

Rich F - 30
Scott - 17
Stephen - 11
Ginge - 10
Rob - 10
Neil - 10
Rich H - 9
Jason - 8

So that has closed the field slightly... well, at the back anyway...

In other news Sir Ulric was going to head South and seize the mine those dastardly High Elves stole from us while we were busy slogging through marshes, but as a shadow passed overhead the horses took fright... Binky said "Neigh" and Sir Ulric said "Yes Binky, you're probably right, it's neigh a good idea, lets head north instead." As the cavalry turned about and headed for the High Elf mining encampment to the north, you could just make out the shouts and scream as earthworks collapsed, consigning many hapless high elves to the grim fate of a short life like a dwarf...
Back to top Go down
Jcking83

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 5:02 pm

Ginge, Im guessing mine and Rich H's Siege game is for my capitol, so that makes me the defender?

Also, would anyone min if I proxied some models for that game - I'll be keeping the same model base sizes, it will be just the models themselves that will be different.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 7:04 pm

Yeah sorry forgot to say, you are the defender.

And if Rich H doesn't mind, I don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Badlands   Back to the Badlands - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Back to the Badlands
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next